• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How do you remove Acura A on nose?

Looking to upgrade to a JDM red Honda H on the nose of my 91. How do you remove the Acura A? Do you have to take the bumper off?

Thanks

I have don this on mt Prelude before and it was pretty easy. You can work fishing line under the emblem and start pulling to lift it up enough the grab and gently pull it off entirely. Goo Gone or similar will remove the adhesive residue.

There are 2 holes, but the emblem will cover it.

It helps to soften the adhesive up with a hair dryer first. I used a wooden "ah" stick sanded to a point on one end as a wedge. Came off easily.

dental floss using a slicing motion cuts thru the adhesive tape like butter.

after you peel the emblem off, there will be residue use your thumb and rubb it till its all gone.

if your upgrading to the larger newer stlye emblem you mill need to cut off the prongs as the 91-01 emblem holes are different

you can then use the newer emblem to hide the holes.

I dont know if I like the newer emblem I like the Original style

So, let me get this right. My 91 NSX nose emblem needs to be replaced. The former owner kindly provided me with new one of the original emblems that he never got around to installing. You guys are telling us that we can "saw" the emblem off with fishing line or dental floss, them attach the new emblem with double sided tape?

Further, that you could carefully use a heat gun or hair dryer to pre-soften the adhesive with no damage to the underlying paint? Wow, that makes the job a piece of cake.

Fishing line, eh? Aren't the pins held by clips on the underside?

Very good. Go to the head of the class!:smile:

Yes, they are held on by clips. Two of them, one on each pin.

The thing is, so few of these cars have not been taken apart at some point and many put the emblem back on without these nuts.

With enough prying force you may be able to remove the emblem and not have these nuts, if they are still there, distort the cover before they reach the point where they pop off and roll somewhere under the absorber and out the assembly.

Last edited:
I hear dental floss works too

dental floss using a slicing motion cuts thru the adhesive tape like butter.

after you peel the emblem off, there will be residue use your thumb and rubb it till its all gone.

if your upgrading to the larger newer stlye emblem you mill need to cut off the prongs as the 91-01 emblem holes are different

you can then use the newer emblem to hide the holes.

I dont know if I like the newer emblem I like the Original style

thats exactly what i did to upgrade to 02+ emblem.

"Yes, they are held on by clips. Two of them, one on each pin." AHA, not so simple for me. My 12,000 mile car has never been messed with. How do I get to the nuts on the backside?

Back