• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How has getting your NSX changed your life??

Yeah, the NSX community is a cool group.

Yeah, driving schools are educational.

Yeah, clover leaf speeding is fun.

Yeah, the forums provide a discussion avenue about which color NSX is the best.

Yeah, a caravan of NSXs at NSXPO 2002 with a helicopter shooting video is cool.

BUT FOR ME.....being able to own one of the world's finest exoticars has taught me to put life's curveballs in perspective.

Huh?

So you're tuning your engine management controller and the laptop crashes. Big deal, some people don't have laptops.

So its a hassle in the morning to move the third car out of the way to go to work, because you only have a two-car garage. Big deal, some people only have one car.

So you get a thumbs up from the kids. Big deal, you bought the car to please yourself not them, right?

So you get all bent out of shape because somebody spit on your NSX. Big deal, be happy you have an NSX and go wash the car.

So you get in a little fender bender and are worried the car will depreciate to one-tenth of its street value. Big deal, at least you don't have stitches across the face, nine broken ribs and a steel rod in your leg.

So you get a little rock chip in the windshield and start freaking out. Big deal, at least a devious prankster didn't drop a brick through the windshield from an overpass footbridge, killing the passenger (who was the wife of the driver).

So how has the NSX changed my life? To more appreciate things in life that don't even have anything to do with the car. Life is funny sometimes, no?

I have only had my NSX for a month. I have been addicted to NSX prime since I made the decision to start looking for a used NSX six months ago. I get the shakes if I go more than a day without reading Prime
biggrin.gif

I am surprised how many people want to look at the car and ask questions about it when I take it out. I have had nothing but good experinces in that regard.

Can I say it got me hooked on the "Go-Fast-Crack-Pipe"... ever since driving the NSX on the racetrack, I've been constantly tinkering with it... now neither of my cars are even civil enough to allow anyone ride while drinking coffee.
smile.gif

Btw, AndyV, excellent post! I agree 100%

[This message has been edited by kenjiMR (edited 28 January 2003).]

My NSX brought me out of the dark.

-I now drive with passion rather than drive with boredom.

-I'm now a supercar owner rather than a supercar dreamer.

For those that do not own one yet, consider the following (for kicks)

-If you were once a reject, now you're the terminator
-If you were once a nerd, now you're cool
-If you were once a dork, now you're normal
-If you were once cool, now you're chillin' with more babes (or guys if you're female)
-If you were once a head downer, now you're going to get head turners

#1 reason to own an NSX

-If you were once rich, now you're richer (spiritually, not financially)

------------------
'98 Blue NSX-T

I've become a minor celebrity at the Honda
dealership and have suddenly become an expert on sports cars. I have found that it's very hard not to want to modify this car, not because it isn't good enough, but because of the inspiration I get from other owners. Fortunately, there are only 3 in town (that I know of) and mine is still my favorite. The best thing about NSX ownership is how this thing makes you feel to drive it!

I actually like to wash my car now. but I still hate having to go to the gas station and filling up the tank. and since my car has Tein suspension I never realize how bad the road is. To many bumps and holes on the road.

Originally posted by VampNSX:
I still hate having to go to the gas station and filling up the tank.

Well, with an 18.6-gallon capacity, at least you don't have to do it as often as with some other cars. And with a range of 450+ miles, you don't have to stop as often on a long-distance trip. (Not for gas, anyway.)

Originally posted by Aiken Drum:
Well, for starters, I never used to walk into the garage and suddenly grow a s**t-eating grin.
biggrin.gif

I have never understood this phrase. Why would a person grin with a mouth full of crap?

Originally posted by steveny:
Deep depression all winter as the NSX sits in the garage. Having NSX prime eases the pain a little.

This one's easy: Move to Southern California where it was 80 degrees and we were all riding around with the top off last weekend (95 and later of course).

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
Well, with an 18.6-gallon capacity, at least you don't have to do it as often as with some other cars. And with a range of 450+ miles, you don't have to stop as often on a long-distance trip. (Not for gas, anyway.)

wow you get over 400 miles a tank or am I confusing what you are saying. Then again a have a turbo and NOS on my car so that could be killing my miles.

Notice how threads eventually morph away from the original post?
rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by AndyVecsey:
Notice how threads eventually morph away from the original post?
rolleyes.gif

not really... they are still talking about NSX's. This happens in almost every thread.
smile.gif

Or maybe it's because the topic question is too far up the top of the page... here..i'll repost it:

<FONT SIZE=+1>Topic: How has getting your NSX changed your life??</FONT>

Getting mine has changed my life quite a bit. At first the wifey was all happy about it, but now it might have to go bye bye if we go thru with divorce.
frown.gif

It is an attention getter, and that is part of the problem. Seems to attract the opposite sex very easily.

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

Originally posted by AndyVecsey:

BUT FOR ME.....being able to own one of the world's finest exoticars has taught me to put life's curveballs in perspective.

Huh?

So you're tuning your engine management controller and the laptop crashes. Big deal, some people don't have laptops.

So its a hassle in the morning to move the third car out of the way to go to work, because you only have a two-car garage. Big deal, some people only have one car.

So you get a thumbs up from the kids. Big deal, you bought the car to please yourself not them, right?

So you get all bent out of shape because somebody spit on your NSX. Big deal, be happy you have an NSX and go wash the car.

So you get in a little fender bender and are worried the car will depreciate to one-tenth of its street value. Big deal, at least you don't have stitches across the face, nine broken ribs and a steel rod in your leg.

So you get a little rock chip in the windshield and start freaking out. Big deal, at least a devious prankster didn't drop a brick through the windshield from an overpass footbridge, killing the passenger (who was the wife of the driver).

So how has the NSX changed my life? To more appreciate things in life that don't even have anything to do with the car. Life is funny sometimes, no?[/B]

...Well said Andy

Sometimes it's rather easy to forget what we have and what we are capable of in life.

--Phillip

Originally posted by Zuerst:
What is clover leaf speeding?

Speeding on highway ramps. A "clover leaf" is a highway interchange in this shape:

cloverleafhighway.gif

Originally posted by Zuerst:
Sorry English is my 3rd language.

No need to apologize. You should be proud of knowing so many languages.

Originally posted by Aiken Drum:
Seriously crappy math:

18.6 gallons/tank * 24 highwayMiles/gallon = 446.4 highwayMiles/tank

(YMMV)

On a long trip in a stock NSX, mileage of 28-30 mpg is not uncommon. On one tank I drove 453 miles and then could only fit 16 gallons in the tank.

Back