• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How has your experience been with Acura service?

The general consensus on s2ki.com is Honda's service department is mediocre at best. I've personally had good experiences with my Honda dealership, but I visit my dealership for all my required service and have developed a pretty good relationship with them.

For those of you who visit your Acura dealership for service, how would you rate your experiences? Would you say Acura's service is any better or worse than another brand?

My service is excellent. The best I ever received. However, it will vary from dealer to dealer. My advice is find a good one and stick with them. I rate my Acura service experience 9 / 10.

As opposed to: ( Audi 4/10) (Porsche 6/10). (Volvo 7/10) Saab (8/10)
(Ford 2/10) (Jeep 3/10)

RichH said:
My service is excellent. The best I ever received. However, it will vary from dealer to dealer. My advice is find a good one and stick with them.
I agree on all counts.

For example, here in the Chicago/Milwaukee area, there are ten Acura dealers. I know that three of them do a lot of NSX service and are top notch, so I go to those. I've heard a few horror stories about the others. (Actually, I've heard one or two horror stories about those three as well, but those are far outweighed by the numerous good reports as well as my personal experience.)

Any prospective (or current) NSX owner is well advised to ask around to find the best NSX service facility in his/her area, whether that is a dealer or independent, near or far. You can get oil, tires, and brake pads changed at any competent mechanic, but you want experience and quality service for anything more complicated or less routine.

Incidentally, I have also had excellent service experience at my local Honda dealership.

My service at Dublin Honda in California has been less than acceptable. The last time my car was in they actually scratched it, (3/4" scratch). Prior to that, the previous 2 services, they did not do all the work they said they did. I will probably not buy another "Honda" as a result.

Now, as for Acura - They have been very good. No issues. They take care of my cars and do not damage them. Customer service is very good. I am presently using Pleasanton Acura.

I use to use Concord Acura until they gave me a price for a service, then called me and said they could not do the service for that price, even though they quoted that price. I told them if they failed to live up to their quote, I would take my 2 Acuras and go elsewhere. They would not change their position, despite my being a long term customer who even bought cars from them.

I went to Pleasanton Acura where they did the servie for the quoted price and have worked on both of my cars since them.

Michael

In the Toronto area, I've had good experiences at Acura Sherway and Acura Woodbine. I've had poor experiences with Acura North Toronto both in my MDX and my NSX (unfortunately they are the closest dealership to me).

This site has various customer accounts of poor service at different Acura dealerships: http://www.acurasucks.com. Your mileage may vary.

allkingz said:
For those of you who visit your Acura dealership for service, how would you rate your experiences? Would you say Acura's service is any better or worse than another brand?

The only dealers that matter are the ones in your general area. They are independently owned and operated and thus some are great and some suck. Try asking about the specific dealers in your area for more useful information.

The service at Acura of Memphis is ok, the prices are UNREAL. Example: guess how much to install shocks/springs and align? $970 (that figure is just labor, no parts)

Gary Force in Nashville is wonderful, mostly because of Barney. Of course, you can skip Acura and just go to Barney...

;) :D

Thats right! Barney in Ashland City, TN. does all of my work.
After having Acura of Memphis scratch all four of my wheels and having to
take the car back four times to fix a spool valve gasket leak that they replaced or I thought they replaced. :mad: Barney found they had placed
Honda bond around the original gasket and charged me for a new one!
Thats why they cound not stop the leak. Yes, I was charged for a new spool valve gasket. Not to mention the time to take the car back four times and still having it leak! :mad:

I now only TRUST the BEST Barney Demonbreun! :D :D

Live and learn. :rolleyes:

allkingz said:
The general consensus on s2ki.com is Honda's service department is mediocre at best.

I recently purchased a 1992. Went to the Acura dealer specifically asked if they had experience with the car. I took it for an oil change and a safety plus emmissions. Appt at 1.45 pm waited for the car got out at 4.45 pm :mad: Reminded them when closing the engine compartment cover let down gently and simple push to click closed. The guy working on it slammed it down like he
was leaving his wife after a spat. I am searching for a local guy who knows these cars. Never again to Acura :confused: I am new to the car and now I'm paranoid :eek:

Congarats on the NSX, do the easy stuff yourself! The NSx is super easy to work on once you get a manual (www.helminc.com).

As for the rest of it (mostly timing belt and clutch)... well my vote is above!

White, My next project is HID and PIAA daytimers and new 2 tone leather seats. Found the seat covers out of Vancouver Canada and have been recommended a (10) installer. Being Sebring Silver I just had windows tinted ( chrome tint ) looks awesome.
I've only owned this car for just a month and I'm stunned at the performance / ride and the gawking

Acura Dealership service in St. Louis is terrible, terrible, and oh by the way did I mention terrible.

Dealerships vary. Some have a lot of NSX service experience and are highly regarded. Some don't. You simply need to find the ones that have the experience.

I will bet that L84TOFF did not take his car to Leith Acura in Cary, NC, which is one of the dealers who are well respected for their NSX service.

Congrats on the Sebring! I also have the NW leather and love it (another DIY). I looks like you are closer to Atlanta than to Nashville, you might try there but I have no personal experience w/ Atlanta Acura service.

FWIW, I would NOT go to Acura Knoxville. I lived there for 6 years and they can't even take care of a CL without screwing someone over. West Side Honda is great, but I don't know about NSX service as I did not have one at the time.

Last edited:
Cary is quite a ways but maybe 2 hrs is a small sacrafice for piece of mind.
I guess the clue at Flow Acura Winston was when the service rep at check in
asked " And would you like the tires rotated " :eek:

Thank you for your recommendation :)

I've had problems with the Acura dealer in Claremont, CA with my RSX. They messed with the airbox after telling them not to because I have a K&N filter that was just cleaned, and then failed to reconnect it. The hose from the box to the intake manifold was just lying there, not connected, and I drove it 120 miles back home. :mad:

They called me a week later and asked how their service was- I explained what happened, and they never apologized or attempted to make it right. I would have been fine with either.

I'm looking for a new dealer in SoCal that treats me well- my only Acura may be an RSX, but that may change in the future...

Crown Acura in Clearwater, Florida has been excellent to me for over 3 years. My car is a daily driver and I put 20,000 miles a year on it. They have done all scheduled maint, timing belt, 2 clutches and I have never had a problem. Mike is an awesome NSX mechanic and John Shaw is a great service rep. I can't say enough good things about my NSX ownership and the service I receive from Crown Acura. FYI my car is a 1994 with 103,000 miles on it and it has never given me any trouble (knocking on wood)

While I don't own an NSX, I've owned three Integra's (LS, GS and GS-R), a Legend Coupe LS 6 speed as well as several Honda's (2 S2K's, CRV EX, Civic EX) and my dealer service experiences vary quite a bit.

For the most part, I had good service experience with the Acuras. My Honda experiences weren't as good (particularly with the CRV and the S2K's) until I found Weseloh Honda in San Juan Capistrano.

For the most part, the Acura tech's and service rep's seem better trained than Honda but let me tell you, they're still light years behind Lexus. Light years.

It still ticks me off that I paid more for my second S2000 than we did my wife's Lexus IS300 and I have to drive past three closer Honda dealerships just to find a Honda dealer with a tech that I know is certified to work on the S and won't take it for joy rides.

Leith Acura is no better than any of the others, IMHO. I had AC problems, and basically had to walk the tech through the troubleshoot, which I had already done but wasn't confident in my abilties. They also stuck the Legend? filter on after I specifically asked if they had the NSX filter in stock, while doing an oil change. They also washed the vehicle after I told them not to. To top it off, and this is not service, but parts, they wouldn't give me ANY discount, and when I showed them the quote from Niello Acura with my NSXCA discount, the parts guy said that I was lying, as they could not even get their parts that cheap.

YMMV....
There are several independent techs around that I feel much more confortable taking my car to in the Raleigh area.

Da Hapa said:
For the most part, the Acura tech's and service rep's seem better trained than Honda but let me tell you, they're still light years behind Lexus. Light years.

I have nothing but great things to say about South Coast Acura in Costa Mesa.. I've had simple oil changes all the way up to a new clutch and full detail. The staff, service and prices are excellent and the best I've experienced....

You are absolutely correct about Lexus service. When I had my ES300, I felt I was treated like royalty.... Prices are high for sure but worth every penny.

Every dealer should strive to achieve their standard.

L84TOFF said:
allkingz said:
The general consensus on s2ki.com is Honda's service department is mediocre at best.

I recently purchased a 1992. Went to the Acura dealer specifically asked if they had experience with the car. I took it for an oil change and a safety plus emmissions. Appt at 1.45 pm waited for the car got out at 4.45 pm :mad: Reminded them when closing the engine compartment cover let down gently and simple push to click closed. The guy working on it slammed it down like he
was leaving his wife after a spat. I am searching for a local guy who knows these cars. Never again to Acura :confused: I am new to the car and now I'm paranoid :eek:

L84TOFF - You have e-mail.

Back