• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How is the second generation build quality?

the color under lighting is just pure orgasmic :)

The color is orgasmic? This entire picture is orgasmic. Gen 1 NSX with popup lights and S2000 are perfect. Gen 2 NSX in my favorite color. What's not to love?

Congrats on the 458. Absolutely love this, much more than its descendant, the 488. I’m a fan of the NSX, but that doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate a well done Ferrari.

^All nice cars in this price range - you really can't go wrong with Ferrari, Lambo or the new NSX.

Some cars are more direct competitors while others are more fluff. The 458 is a quality car and sounds amazing. At the current pricing level, they are really a bargain in the exotic market especially those with warranty and documented maintenance.

Thanks. I did the deal today and just about to get on a plane back home. I found a 2013 with only 2,400 miles on it, think I got a pretty good deal...

It still has a year left of the Ferrari 7 year covered maintenance, but that's just fluids and stuff. Nothing I can't do myself in a few hours. I don't think a warranty is necessary on a car with 2,400 miles that I'll probably drive 1,000 miles/year. Anything I add to the price for that would almost certainly be throwing money away.

My NSX shopping reached a conclusion today...
Nice I hope you enjoy it.tach458nsx.jpg
here's my wifes 458 which I only drove to sams club yesterday to make sure the battery doesn't die (until my ctek adapter gets here). My fave car is in the picture and is always my choice.

It still has a year left of the Ferrari 7 year covered maintenance, but that's just fluids and stuff. Nothing I can't do myself in a few hours. I don't think a warranty is necessary on a car with 2,400 miles that I'll probably drive 1,000 miles/year. Anything I add to the price for that would almost certainly be throwing money away.
I agree the fluids are easy. I did them myself for years when I had Fcars. I love the 458 and just couldn’t do it. Sure you did lots of research on the Fcar site, but I didn’t want the drama of a gearbox issue (same one used in the FF and many others) or the phantom brake issue.

Edit: And don’t get me started on sticky parts. Absurd situation. With all this said I still want another Fcar. Awesome compliment to the NSX.

Last edited:
Back