• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How long did it take to get your aftermarket wheels to arrive?

Ok, just got off the phone with the people who sold me my rims. They took the blame and a rush job is being done. Should have the rims by the beginning of next week. Still wondering if I need a lucky charm in my pocket :confused:

1TITENSX said:
Ok, just got off the phone with the people who sold me my rims. They took the blame and a rush job is being done. Should have the rims by the beginning of next week. Still wondering if I need a lucky charm in my pocket :confused:

Where did you get your wheels from? I just received mine this week (ordered 1st week in may) and am excited to get them on. I am cautiously optimistic about everything fitting and looking correct...

G

Re: I GOT THE WRONG OFFSET FOR MY REAR RIMS

1TITENSX said:

wNTI1NDY2NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Whoaaa, those babies are DEEP! Nice and polished, just how I like em! But sorry to hear about your bad luck Ty. Get the right ones, get them on, and get those pictures posted! ;)
- Z

I just got my rims back for the second time on Sep 10. I initially ordered them on Jul 7. I put the "redo" rims on the rear and discover they now don't stick out an inch past the fender but won't mount since they are hitting the brake caliper :mad: I can't understand how rim manufactures can mess this up. Don't they have all the specs in a book somewhere on caliper clearance for a NSX :confused: Well, I was able to put a 1/4 inch spacer to help it clear the brake caliper. Luckily, the rim still stayed within the fender but my concern is whether I have enough thread left on the 5 studs for a safe mount of the wheel. I hate "redos" and "QA" sucks in the aftermarket world :mad: Does anyone have any advice that I should proposition the rim place I bought my rims from?

I'll post pics soon...

The only person I trust for aftermarket rims is Ben @ wheels boutique in Miami, FL.. My Dad ordered custom HRE 547 from him with diff. offests for his NSX and they lok awesome. I just ordered some Axis Milanos for my New G35 I just got in 19" with staggered offsets and they should fit great. I wil let you know of any problems but I do not expect any since Ben is an expert and the best I have ever dealt w/ in the wheel business. :D

i ordered SSR professors SP1, 18 x 10 and 17 x 8.0, black face, the wheels shop claimed 6-8 weeks, been only 3 days so far :mad:

Ok I just talked to my rim store and they are going to give me longer studs and pay for the labor for them to be installed. I need a 1/4" longer studs. Do they make something like this? Am I able to do this? Anyone know how much this will cost?

Back