• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How long did it take you to get home yesterday(1/26)?

My Odyssey (5pm-3AM):

Left work @5pm after a BS meeting. Ended up in WFC and wait for about 2.5hrs to freeze my toes so had to head back coz no buses are coming. Back in Arlington to stay in hotel....all booked(ofcourse!). Went to a bar to hangout. Back to WFC coz buses are suppose to be running. Guess what? Wrong info. Back to Arlington. Back to Vienna to get somebody to give me a ride. Eventually got a ride@1AM. Home @3AM. No power! I love Virgina! #$%^&*(*&^%$^&*()_

Last edited:
About 1 hour 40 minutes for 22 miles. Luckily, I knew some back roads that let me go the last 8 miles in ~15 minutes... From a high point on 50, I saw traffic at a standstill in both directions for at least a mile. :eek:

2.5 hours to go 12 miles. It was a darn scary drive too. Cars scattered all over the roadway. Folks going backwards and sideways down the hills in my travel lanes.

That said, client of mine spent 10 hours in his car Wednesday. I can't imagine... Ugh....

Stupid recruiter slammed my calendar that afternoon with phone interviews, so I was stuck until 3:30. I left at 3:45 and got home at 5pm. Drove from Herndon to Fair Lakes/Centreville. The drive did not get bad until half way down Stringfellow around 4:30pm.

Back