• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

how long will you keep your nsx? forever?

just curiuos guys...how long will you keep your nsx...? i am planning to keep mine as long as i can . even if later i decide to buy another sport .i feel my nsx already own its place in my home . just like to know how you guys feel.........

I've had my '91 for over eleven and a half years. Ask me in another eleven and a half years how long I plan to keep it.

Another 11 and 1/2 years? thats 23 years in total... do you think the original paint gonna hold its lust that long?

Yes.

The original paint will hold its luster (it's doing fine BTW), and I will hold my lust.
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 26 July 2002).]

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
I've had my '91 for over eleven and a half years. Ask me in another eleven and a half years how long I plan to keep it.

Can you imagine the mutany on the deck and the wordwide chaos we would witness if NSXTASY sold his NSX for lets say a Dodge caravan or something like that.
I myself would have a moment of silence at my office...
smile.gif

It would be like on special newsbreaks with the President's speach and "every channel" with that weird beep and tone ...ie;toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowhere they tell you where to run in the event of a real emergency.

Wasnt there a movie called the day the "World stood still" some Orson Wells book or movie??

Just a thought...
smile.gif
smile.gif

MYNSX

It all depends what the "next gen" NSX turns out to be. That's the only potential car I could see trading up to.

-Bob

Originally posted by MYNSX:
Can you imagine the mutiny on the deck and the wordwide chaos we would witness if NSXTASY sold his NSX for lets say a Dodge caravan or something like that.

If I sell it for a minivan, just shoot me, please. My time will have come.

I suppose I could envision all kinds of scenarios.

I could sell the NSX for a 360 Modena or a 911 Turbo, and people would probably be fairly understanding, since that's a common progression. Even a higher-horsepower car like a Z06 or a Viper wouldn't be TOO outrageous, at least not for some folks.

But what if I sold it to buy something that's not quite in the same league as the NSX, but with just enough performance that people will start to wonder whether (a) I'm on to something, or (b) I was paid off by the manufacturer?

One new car (it's coming next month) that I find intriguing, because it's the first new car to hit the market in a while (since '97 and the intro of the Integra Type R) that's truly track-ready off the showroom floor but at a reasonable price, is the 350Z track edition for $34K, including big wheels and big Brembo brakes and such. Now, if I traded in my NSX on one of those, what would everyone say? Hmmm...

Don't put any money on it.

I'm keeping mine until it costs too much to maintain or if I can find another car that brings me the same level of satisfaction.

Maybe the next NSX or other mid-engined super car in 10 years or something.

Until I get my next NSX :)

[This message has been edited by wilsonp (edited 26 July 2002).]

I'm planning on passing it down to my offsprings as sort of like a family heirloom, kinda like what the Samurais of centuries past did with their swords and passed them down to their great great grandchildren. Hopefully the Zanardi will see the 24th century in one driveable piece as an ancient relic, when cars no longer use wheels or run on petroleum-based by-products and blood-sucking lawyers are all executed.
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif
No offense there Marc (Weinberg)!
wink.gif

But hopefully before I end up as a pile of worm food, I have enough spare parts put away for rainy days and have taught my kids (and his/her kids etc.) how to keep the NSX running like the first day I drove the car off the dealer lot. Until then, I will put some $$ away for parts and get myself certified as a NSX master technician.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Zanardi 50 (edited 26 July 2002).]

I plan to keep my NSX for a good 10 years plus. There will come a day when NSXs will be very hot on the classic car market. If you study this market you will notice that it is cars which were revolutionary, outstanding, desirable, and extremely significant to their manufacturer which go on to command very high prices. I beleive that the NSX is a prime future classic. Throw in the Senna factor and low volumes, and I think we could all retire just by selling our NSX (and then what will do?)

I've had some nice cars in the past but ended up having to sell them to meet payroll if business got tight. I vowed not to buy another "toy" until I felt financially stable. Hope I didn't just jinx myself!

Plus, knowing I'm hoping to keep it for good has allowed me to do all the "enhancements" to it.

I've had mine 6 months and i'm not tired of it yet. When I go to sell it, it probably won't bring top dollar because it will have too many miles on it. I'm keeping it as nice as I can, but i'm using it.

btw.. I kept my Porsche 928S4 for 9 years, and I still have the 73 Mercedes 280SE 4.5 that I bought NEW. But I still maintain i'm 39.
smile.gif

------------------
keep the shiny side up
MikeC 01 #46

Even before I bought my NSX, I knew it would be a lifetime keeper. But that hopefully won't stop me from playing around in other cars (I'd have a car collection the size of my toy collection if only I had the money)
biggrin.gif

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '97 Honda Civic HX (black), '01 Lexus IS300 (black/black)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

Originally posted by huckster:
"and when im dead
dead and gone

There'll be one NSX born
In this world

to carry on, to carry on"

BLOOD, SWEAT, and GEARS

Make that...

LUD, SWEAT, and GEARS

biggrin.gif

"Reality is better than the dream..."

[/B]

Remember what Spock said. "Wanting is often more pleasing than having. Its not logical, but is often true"

Well.. what do you expect from someone with pointed ears
smile.gif

Back