• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How many have removed the black chin spoiler?

I've seen a few cars without the little plastic chin lip on the front. I'm contemplating as the look is clean. The downside may be that the front looks higher. But this may not be the case unless your car is black because the chin doesn't mach the car anyhow.

It may also provide a cleaner look since likely the plastic is all scratched up (especially if car is lowered like mine). I would think removing it won't create too much of a problem with scraping the real spoiler since its higher off the ground.

Mine's lowered too and it does get pretty scratched up. I've contemplated in getting it painted body color as it will make the car look even lowered and thus more aggressive. But it will get scraped up though.

When i bought my car it was missing the chin spoiler and everyone told me that the nose was ugly and i have to agree cant wait to get a wings west chin spoiler to make it look better

Just be careful of high speeds runs without it - someone else posted it really made a handling difference!

I still have mine on my car. I spoke to someone who took their's off and they said at about 140-150 MPH they had more or less lost sterring due to lift on the front end. They said they would NEVER run above 100 again without it. Below this speed, he said he couldn't tell a difference.

Mine used to be painted body color to match, and it looked AWESOME! Unfortunately it got all scratched up so I replaced with factory black one. :(

red_MM_nsx said:
I still have mine on my car. I spoke to someone who took their's off and they said at about 140-150 MPH they had more or less lost sterring due to lift on the front end. They said they would NEVER run above 100 again without it. Below this speed, he said he couldn't tell a difference.

I have experienced this myself but at around 130 without the spoiler.. Definitely going to get one now..

Any suggestions on either the earlier or later spoiler? I know they both fit my 93 but wondering if there is a performance difference.

blknsxnoc said:
Any suggestions on either the earlier or later spoiler? I know they both fit my 93 but wondering if there is a performance difference.
If you can find the earlier spoiler new, let me know. As far as I know they're not manufactured anymore.

I would like to buy the ORIGINAL '91-'94 style front chin spoiler from those that have it. Will pay top dollar.

The spoiler easily fall off from contacts. I go with the WW front for stability and agressive look.

Mine's been off for months. I don't miss it, really, as I don't spend the time paying extra attention to curbs and wondering if I'm going to tear it off every time I get close. I've noticed no significant difference in handling or stearing at speed w/o it.

Don

P.S. for those looking for one, you don't want mine, as it's in bad shape and has a hole worn in one corner.

Evoking said:
The downside may be that the front looks higher.
Another downside is that if you scrape the front end (on a driveway, etc), instead of scraping a $100, easily-replaceable part, you're scraping the front air dam. :eek:

it looks better with it. mostly if its painted.

nsxtasy said:
Another downside is that if you scrape the front end (on a driveway, etc), instead of scraping a $100, easily-replaceable part, you're scraping the front air dam. :eek:

Ken, do you have any experience/opinions/feelings vis a vis the aerodynamic issues, i.e. front end lift at very high speed?

I would assume Honda put the chin lip on there for an engineering/physical reason, but maybe it is just for aesthetics

Back