• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How many NSX's

Anybody have some numbers for NSX production?
How many have been produced to date?
How many of those produced are still in use?
Of the ones in use, how many would you guess are factory original (no paint,body work etc.)?

Just curious how the numbers compare to Ferrari 308/328/348/355. I've heard the figures are close, but I see far more NSX's on the road than Ferrari's.

Originally posted by Haus:
Anybody have some numbers for NSX production?
How many have been produced to date?

Let me introduce you to the NSX FAQ (answers to Frequently Asked Questions). The table of contents is here, and the section which answers your question is here. That section shows U.S.-only sales, which total around 8,000 to date. Japan sales to date are about the same, and the total worldwide is around 20,000.

How many of those produced are still in use?

Most of them. I don't know how many have been totalled, but probably well under 5 percent.

Of the ones in use, how many would you guess are factory original (no paint,body work etc.)?

I don't know.

How many are not factory original due to body kits and aftermarket wings? Too many.
biggrin.gif

Just curious how the numbers compare to Ferrari 308/328/348/355. I've heard the figures are close, but I see far more NSX's on the road than Ferrari's.

I don't know the Ferrari production/sales numbers. However, the vast majority of Ferraris are driven less than 2,000 miles per year. The median for NSXs is roughly 5,000 miles per year, with many cars being driven much more than that. So your chances of seeing an NSX on the road are higher for that reason.

Also, you don't see a car on the road when it's sitting at the shop being repaired...
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 24 October 2002).]

Actually I havent seen that many NSXs compared to Ferrari. I live here in Miami and I am certian I see as much, if not more, Ferrari Modenas and Testaretti (or whatever its called) than I see NSXs. Just yesterday I saw a black Modena slowly going past me with a beautiful blonde behind the wheel. Couldn't help but think how she would look in an NSX.

------------------
'91 blk/blk NSX
'96 Green Integra GSR
'02 CBR F4i Yellow/Black
Honda rules

Originally posted by BladesNSX:
Just yesterday I saw a black Modena slowly going past me with a beautiful blonde behind the wheel. Couldn't help but think how she would look in an NSX.

You mean, you couldn't help but think how she would look in YOUR NSX. That's what I'd be thinking about mine, anyway...

biggrin.gif

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
You mean, you couldn't help but think how she would look in YOUR NSX. That's what I'd be thinking about mine, anyway...

biggrin.gif
Ken nails it again!

Back