• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How many of you get this comment from people?

hahaha well at least they actually stop to ask you those dumb questions...
for me they always think i just stole it or worse.... (according to len3.8 and nsx01) they see this black nsx driving by itself with no driver in sight.... *cough* :biggrin:

supra2nv said:
"nice rentacar"

"how much does it cost to rent one of those these days?"

"did you rent this or is this really yours?"

"nice car, this is your car right?"

People are freaking getting on my nerves with this type of comment. When I am in the NSX I am usually dressed to impress...so not sure why I get these comments. It's not like im in ripped t-shirt/shorts.

Enough rambling, anyone else get this type of comment?

Thanks.

jack

I've never been asked that in my life. Plus I'm never dressed up when I'm out and about in it. I'm usually out doing my errends in it. Today I had to fill up my gas can for the lawn mower, I was surprised that didn't get more looks when I was putting the can back in the passenger footwell! :eek:

Whatwasthat said:
Where can you rent an NSX? I would much rather beat on a rental car than mine.

I think we all feel that way, regardless of what kind of rental we have. Because the only difference between a rental and a Jeep is, there's just some places you won't take a Jeep. :biggrin:

donwon said:
I always look like a bum, feel like a bum; heck, I AM a bum and I never get asked that question.

I do get the bird quite a bit though. I must look like a jackass :redface:

LOL!!!!!!

There is this guy I know and he is the 3rd largest land owner in the state of washington (1st and 2nd are Burlington northern and Weyerhouser) he Is worth Millions upon Millions of dollars..he looks like a Vagrant, like totally homeless, he would pick up cans along side the road and most people would see him and think "that poor man".

Don't pay any attn to what people say or think cuz most people are clueless.

zahntech said:
There is this guy I know and he is the 3rd largest land owner in the state of washington (1st and 2nd are Burlington northern and Weyerhouser) he Is worth Millions upon Millions of dollars..he looks like a Vagrant, like totally homeless, he would pick up cans along side the road and most people would see him and think "that poor man".

Don't pay any attn to what people say or think cuz most people are clueless.

Amen!

comquat1 said:
I've never been asked that in my life. Plus I'm never dressed up when I'm out and about in it. I'm usually out doing my errends in it. Today I had to fill up my gas can for the lawn mower, I was surprised that didn't get more looks when I was putting the can back in the passenger footwell! :eek:

ok, if you want attention, next time, put your lawn mower in the nsx, not the gas tank :tongue:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53heloFE
At least they haven't asked if it is your dads car.

You could always so "no, but I did just steal it."

Oh, I've gotten that one too.... there are some rude ignorant people out there but you gotta laugh. YOU know whose it is!!
I'm used to that already... but those who really makes me mad, are those who just flat out not believing me when I'm telling 'em it's my car. They will go "yeah right", "now tell me the truth", ok, I guess a teller at 7-11 is really not that convincing.... :biggrin:

I also like people who particularly asking everyone in the store about my car, including the lady who's in her 60s with a cane, but me ;) then one or two regular customer pointed at me and saying, "eh, it's his car, it's here everyweekend dude"

I was driving my h1 on broadway yesterday and some hippie chick came running out onto the street and chased after me while giving me the bird and screaming that vehicle was a killing machine. A few monthes ago at a 711 a guy asked me if my nsx was a Lambo.....my reply was why yes it is a lambo:)

Yeah thats where Jim Forman told a woman that was in the way of his news van during the WTO to "get out of the way you stupid hippie bitch" :smile:

BTW people don't ask me about my car...I guess I'm scary or something :confused:

zahntech said:
Yeah thats where Jim Forman told a woman that was in the way of his news van during the WTO to "get out of the way you stupid hippie bitch"

Dang, a bit harsh! :eek:

menuserve said:
i never get that... people always ask what kind of car this is? then they see acura on the rear and they are even more confused.

Same here. Can't wait till the new one is done - the Honda badging will really throw them for a loop.

The best, though, was some guy walking out of a convenience store ahead of us with his girlfriend. She said "Wow - look at that car, I've never seen anything like it"... he replied ... "Eeeh - it's the new Acura RX-8" ...

:confused: :rolleyes:

Ryan

haha...i actully got that the other day as i was filling up "wow nice rental car?"

I said "yup, ive been renting it for 3 years. too bad yours isnt a rental"

he had a dodge magnum! i was hoping he'd come out and try to play when i was pulling out. i shoulda said something like "dont let that silly commercial fool you."

im tired of all the comments too but im still quick on the trigger. if you wanna clown then youre gonna get clowned. :smile:

That's pretty strange that you get those comments because I see Ferrari drivers and they never seem to care what they're wearing. It's almost as if they want people to know that they like to bum it when they're not working. Of course if they're out and about, that's one thing, but the usual Sunday driver I see in Italian machines are in shorts, T-shirts, some nice sandals, a Rolex, and a baseball cap. I guess I always assume that people are driving their own cars unless it specifically says, "My other car is an Enterprise Rent-A-Car."

JDM_SXE-10 said:
but the usual Sunday driver I see in Italian machines are in shorts, T-shirts, some nice sandals, a Rolex, and a baseball cap.

Sunday? That is my outfit everyday of the week except for I wear a Movado.

supra2nv said:
It's not like im in ripped t-shirt/shorts.
DutchBlackNsx said:
I always look like a scumbag, never get that question.

lol.... same here. But then I think the fact that I have my side windows now tinted, and keep them rolled up, helps out. Otherwise, I get people hooting & hollering at me at stoplights if I have the window down :rolleyes:

Back