• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How many Primers put Christmas lights up?

I was wondering how many of my fellow Primates decorate their homes for the holidays. And to what extent?
Yes, like this:

menorah.gif

Don't laugh, I don't have time to mess around so my Xmas Tree has been up since 2006. My Mother just comes over and changes it while I am gone. This will be my First Xmas in 6yrs here at the house and with Immediate Family. The tree has scooted from one area to another over the years.

I have little to zero Christmas spirit. No lights outside, and minimal decorations inside. Its a PIA in my opinion. Baaaa hummmbug! Lol

No decorations anywhere for me... inside or outside. Just dont care.

Too much talking and not enough Pics!! I pay somebody to do it each year. I haven't taken a pic of it this year but will and post it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

no xmas lights but got a dozen potlights + mr-50$-walmart-blow-up-snowman installed :)

when i become a parent ill start putting up christmas lights.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 200
  • photo copy.jpg
    photo copy.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
P1010820.jpg
Crappy night time shot but you get the point. My wife mandates all bulbs be straight. Easy on the gutters to clip them but the peaks don't have gutters, so it takes oodles of staples as the lights want to point in any/every direction possible. It's hard to tell, but the peak on the second story is over a covered porch, so the only way to access it is to lean over the peak or put a ladder on the roof of the porch :eek:. Every year I'm grateful i don't break something.

Last edited:
Crappy night time shot but you get the point. My wife mandates all bulbs be straight. Easy on the gutters to clip them but the peaks don't have gutters, so it takes oodles of staples as the lights want to point in any/every direction possible.

The clips I use work on gutters and roof edges. I think I found them at WalMart. There is a pointy end that slides under the shingle edge.

It's hard to tell, but the peak on the second story is over a covered porch, so the only way to access it is to lean over the peak or put a ladder on the roof of the porch :eek:. Every year I'm grateful i don't break something.

I'm Seriously thinking of hiring one of those lighting installers next year...

I'm Seriously thinking of hiring one of those lighting installers next year...
If you can afford to you'll never look back

I usually do the lights and lawn ornaments (not the blow up ones that look like dirty laundry on the lawn when they are deflated). Unfortunately Sandy destroyed my house so this year I wont even be able to live in it let alone have any lights.

The Hotel I am currently living in does have a small tree in the lobby :rolleyes:

Very nice.

BTW - i like your countertop. Would that be Brazilian Brown Silestone?
No, it's granite. (Keeping this tangent brief, for those that are interested...) Silestone is a brand name of natural quartz; one of its advantages is its consistency of color from one piece to another. Granite is natural stone, but it does not have the uniformity and consistency of Silestone (or some other materials). When you select granite, you typically look at the actual individual slabs, because of the amount of variation for a given color. What's more, with granite, is that different stoneyards may use different names for the same coloration, so there's no uniformity of naming, either. The slabs we got for our counters came from Brazil and the place we got them called them "Spectrolite Brown". It's a form of labradorite. Thanks for noticing it - it was the most troublesome material in our kitchen project, as we looked in 25-30 different stoneyards before finding one we both really loved.

I have Nixie tubes in a window, wired to show my house number--not that
you can read it from the street without binoculars. Altogether they draw
two watts and I leave them on all year 'round.

Admittedly this is only peripherally related to the topic of this thread,
but it is lighting on the exterior of the house for decoration.

650nixie.jpg

Back