• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How not to drive your Cobra...

That whole "$xyz for this, $xyz for that, blah blah PRICELESS" is so cliche these days. :(

But you're right... you shouldn't drive your Cobra like that unless you're on a cruise with Dodge Vipers. :D

No big deal- the guy needed to be going the other way, and obviously wanted to be in the turn lane. :eek: :rolleyes:
drivers license- 37.50
a months insurance- 300.00
keep them both- pricelss.
(sorry Neo :wink: )

As if we needed it... more evidence of how stupid street racers are.

I can't begin to tell you how badly I would have beaten the living crap out of that guy if I or someone I cared about had been the unlucky bugger waiting at the red light when this bunghole slammed into them.

Da Hapa said:
As if we needed it... more evidence of how stupid street racers are.

I can't begin to tell you how badly I would have beaten the living crap out of that guy if I or someone I cared about had been the unlucky bugger waiting at the red light when this bunghole slammed into them.

I agree totally. I almost beat the snot out of some fool that sideswiped my wifes new car earlier this year because he was driving like an idiot and never even apoligized. :mad:

There was a video like this a few years back that had some idiot revving his mr2 (I think), popping the clutch and then proceding to totally drive right off the side of the road and into a parking lot full of parked cars. He majorly rear ended a bodykit modded jetta tdi (what the?) and came inches away from tagging a yellow integra type r. I think I have the video somewhere on my harddrive if someone wants to host it.

I ask all of those that said they have or would have beat the XXXX out of someone that did this to seriously rethink their actions. In CA they would charge one with a felony if they beat the XXXX out of someone. So then aside from the crash, you have the additional fun of learning in the most intimate of ways, the way your particular courts work.

The best thing you can do is document the crash as best as possible, I always have a cheap throw away camera in all of my cars and take photos of the accident and rest positions of the vehicles before they are moved.

Then try to get the responsible party to admit in writing what they did before they get a chance to lawyer-up. I have been rear ended three times in the past 4 years, all times I asked them to write a brief note admitting they hit me while I was stopped; they all did. This kept me from ever having to sweat a finger pointing situation.

Then take them to court for the damages or let your insurance company deal with them. Don't place yourself in the position of becoming the bad guy; you will not like it.

What would be even worse was if the Cobra driver was uninsured.
He would likely get away with a slap on the wrist.

comquat1 said:
There was a video like this a few years back that had some idiot revving his mr2 (I think), popping the clutch and then proceding to totally drive right off the side of the road and into a parking lot full of parked cars. He majorly rear ended a bodykit modded jetta tdi (what the?) and came inches away from tagging a yellow integra type r. I think I have the video somewhere on my harddrive if someone wants to host it.

I SAW THAT!! Then the people in the parking lot almost killed him!! He was lucky to get out alive. :eek:

Cairo94507 said:
I ask all of those that said they have or would have beat the XXXX out of someone that did this to seriously rethink their actions. In CA they would charge one with a felony if they beat the XXXX out of someone. So then aside from the crash, you have the additional fun of learning in the most intimate of ways, the way your particular courts work.

The best thing you can do is document the crash as best as possible, I always have a cheap throw away camera in all of my cars and take photos of the accident and rest positions of the vehicles before they are moved.

Then try to get the responsible party to admit in writing what they did before they get a chance to lawyer-up. I have been rear ended three times in the past 4 years, all times I asked them to write a brief note admitting they hit me while I was stopped; they all did. This kept me from ever having to sweat a finger pointing situation.

Then take them to court for the damages or let your insurance company deal with them. Don't place yourself in the position of becoming the bad guy; you will not like it.

While I understand your very rational and correct way of thinking, I contend that in the heat of the moment if some jacka$$ did this and hit your wife and family the resulting reaction might be different. Again, I totally agree with you and your thoughts, but something like this would provoke a seriously emotional response from most people. Just my thoughts.

Ouch!!!

comquat1 said:

You mean this video?

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=5B66C2A2-2092-4F4B-8F20-CC2353DFCF72&p=0

Pics of the aftermath from a local site:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back