• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How paranoid are you guys about getting your NSX stolen?

I leave the top off if Im not going to be in there for more then 10 minutes.

Not sure why type of luck the owner of the car has. But having had my 00 civic stolen from in front of my house was the worse feeling ever. There was a bunch of parts in the trunk too. I felt victimized, helpless and angry all at the same time. But I know they took my car for parts. I dont think there is a hugh market for nsx parts that would result in them being stolen, granted my car is always in the garage with at least one car blocking it. And I made sure I have a high enough insurance coverage to be able to find a comparable replacement.

True, but I'm sure a lot of us including myself, do not simply want a check from insurance as we feel our cars are darn near irreplaceable. I don't want a big fat check from insurance, I want MY nsx. It's not like I can take that check and go out and buy another low mileage pristine 1992 GPW NSX tomorrow...I'm sure the OP feels this way and others do too.

If you purchase a "Stated Value" policy then you can chose how much coverage you want...50k? Sure no problem...it doesnt cost that much more because NSX thefts aren't really that common.

Low crime area here. I don't even lock it most of the time.

No wheel lock will save your nsx from getting towed; the modern form of automobile theft
Full coverage insurance is the best security you can get. If you love your car that much, get a low jack... though there are ways around that too.

I'm in Queens, NYC. Happens here all the time but I keep it in sight... and I work out...

Last edited:
I have dreams all the time of it getting stolen. I am unsure why though. I guess I have never had an object that was as irreplaceable as the NSX. That is the only item I have dreamed of having it being stolen from me, and I have never had a car stolen before. I think the bond with the NSX is greater than most bonds with inanimate objects. My brain probably does not know how to compensate for the emotion it evokes.

Back