• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How should Honda build the next NSX?

(Financially) How should Honda build the next NSX?

• Evolution: 350ps/3000lbs/85k$ - mid engine, maybe alu or special materials

Votes: 57 30.5%
  • Cheaper: 300ps/3300lbs/65k$ - front engine, no alu or special materials

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • WOW: 400ps/3000lbs/110k$ - mide engine, exotic materials or alu

Votes: 61 32.6%
  • Wheapon!: +450ps/sub 3000lbs/130+k$ mide engine, exotic materials or alu

Votes: 67 35.8%

• Total voters
Here is the magazine which i read.. believe or not..kk:wink:

Attachments

• mew msx0.JPG
    mew msx0.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 130
  • mew msx1.JPG
    mew msx1.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 92
  • mew msx2.JPG
    mew msx2.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 155
  • mew msx3.JPG
    mew msx3.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 113
mynsx77 said:
Here is the magazine which i read.. believe or not..kk:wink:

What does any of that mean? Is that saying 600HP? How old is that?

IMO, the new NSX will have to outperform the new GT-R for it to be taken seriously.

NetViper said:
What does any of that mean? Is that saying 600HP? How old is that?

IMO, the new NSX will have to outperform the new GT-R for it to be taken seriously.
Ok... i dont remember what it says exactly, cause my girl friend explained for me..kkk this one issued on aug 2005... and cost about $3.00 anyone can read??? she is currently in japan..i will ask her again..what i remember is that the new nsx is made by previous nsx's frame. mid engine awd but the body will get shorter and widder little bit, and will show on oct 2007 in japan..their target is porsche gt and lambo g, not other japanese cars...that;s why toyota developed lf-a because of honda. these are what i remember now.. however, this magazine is a pretty good.. means when i read about 350z, lexus, supra, gtr and other cars, it came almost like what it said on the meagazie.. but who knows, honda never announced about next nsx...we just have to wait til it comes out..

haha
yeah!!!!

my vote is not listed.

I vote:
MR or Mid 4WD, V8 or V10 500+hp, under 3000lbs and priced fairly around $90k-$110k :biggrin:

A new NSX should (according to it's heritage)...

1. Outperform a Ferrari F430 by including a more technologically advanced and more compact engine while incorporating the use more advanced materials for it's chassis. (I guess a 3.0 L V10 with pneumatic valves like an F1 engine would do the job for the engine. For the chassis, I'm pretty sure the only way to beat Aluminum is with titanium and carbon fiber)

2. Cost about the same as a a Porsche 911 (~$75k these days)

3. Be built to model the lines of an F22 raptor (original was an F16)

4. Have it's suspension tuning done by Fernando Alonso (a current F1 champion)

5. Have the most advanced defeatable traction control and abs system available.

6. Be commisioned by a corporate leader with the will to give away great cars at a loss to prove that his company is more capable than any other company in the sports car world.

Good luck Honda.

I hope it will not be 350hp. That would make the car the joke of every car forum, another target for countless disrespectful attacks. We are approaching 2010, this is not 1990s anymore. Please be realistic.

The current Ferrari F430 is already at 476hp. 16years ago NSX had 270hp, that was a good match for the 300hp Ferrari 348 at the time. 16years later they should at very least match or come close to F430. We are talking about a first class super car, not a entry level sports car competiting against next generation 350Zs, STI, EVOs, etc.

Power sells, if the car make impressive power, it will do well. American is their #1 customer. Last time I checked people were paying $150K for a Ford sports car. If they can make a F430 or Ford GT beater with must have exterior styling like they did with original NSX. Then they should do fine even if the car sell over $100k.

slashmatt said:
A new NSX should (according to it's heritage)...

1. Outperform a Ferrari F430 by including a more technologically advanced and more compact engine while incorporating the use more advanced materials for it's chassis. (I guess a 3.0 L V10 with pneumatic valves like an F1 engine would do the job for the engine. For the chassis, I'm pretty sure the only way to beat Aluminum is with titanium and carbon fiber)

2. Cost about the same as a a Porsche 911 (~$75k these days)

3. Be built to model the lines of an F22 raptor (original was an F16)

4. Have it's suspension tuning done by Fernando Alonso (a current F1 champion)

5. Have the most advanced defeatable traction control and abs system available.

6. Be commisioned by a corporate leader with the will to give away great cars at a loss to prove that his company is more capable than any other company in the sports car world.

Good luck Honda.

LOL... good points, but 75K? less than what the old one cost? aren't you asking for a bit much? I agree with everything else you are saying.

amgnsx said:
haha
yeah!!!!

my vote is not listed.

I vote:
MR or Mid 4WD, V8 or V10 500+hp, under 3000lbs and priced fairly around $90k-$110k :biggrin:

Maybe you didn't notice that the poll is more than 3 years old... :rolleyes:

At that time we were still expecting a new NSX for the end of 2005... yeah... way to go Honda... :frown:

gheba_nsx said:
Maybe you didn't notice that the poll is more than 3 years old... :rolleyes:

At that time we were still expecting a new NSX for the end of 2005... yeah... way to go Honda... :frown:

Sad isn't it. I wonder what the real reason for the HSC being scrapped was. I also wonder if it was actually turbocharged like one report said. At first I thought that was BS, but now that I see the RDX, I think it might have been a 3.5L V6 turbo.

Realitically, I think the next NSX will be a V10 with 500HP. I think it will be competitve until the next version of the F430 comes out. I hope the pricing stays under 100K, but it is hard to say.

NetViper said:
Realitically, I think the next NSX will be a V10 with 500HP. I think it will be competitve until the next version of the F430 comes out. I hope the pricing stays under 100K, but it is hard to say.

I agree... it is so not-Hondaish to have a V10/500hp, it would be completely out of what they did until now on the whole product range.

It sounds like CASIO producing a 8k$ Tourbillon watch...

I still imagine (if it will ever happen, I am not very positive anymore :frown:) a V8:)confused: strange too but not as much as the V10) or a V6 turbo with around 380-400hp at best. A GT3 fighter.

Price 85k-90k.

Of course many won't like it here but anything above that price (and a V10/500hp on a car made with fancy light materials will cost >120k even if sold at NET cost) will not sell in the 1000s for more than two years. IMO of course.

gheba_nsx said:
I agree... it is so not-Hondaish to have a V10/500hp, it would be completely out of what they did until now on the whole product range.

It sounds like CASIO producing a 8k$ Tourbillon watch...

I still imagine (if it will ever happen, I am not very positive anymore :frown:) a V8:)confused: strange too but not as much as the V10) or a V6 turbo with around 380-400hp at best. A GT3 fighter.

Price 85k-90k.

Of course many won't like it here but anything above that price (and a V10/500hp on a car made with fancy light materials will cost >120k even if sold at NET cost) will not sell in the 1000s for more than two years. IMO of course.

I hope it is a mid-engine, supercar/exotic, world beater with super low production numbers (ala first gen or less). I love having a car you rarley see on the road.
500 hp ultra light materials....too expensive for the average Joe.
I have a blank check ready to go.:biggrin:

nsxsupra said:
I hope it will not be 350hp. That would make the car the joke of every car forum, another target for countless disrespectful attacks. We are approaching 2010, this is not 1990s anymore. Please be realistic.

The current Ferrari F430 is already at 476hp. 16years ago NSX had 270hp, that was a good match for the 300hp Ferrari 348 at the time. 16years later they should at very least match or come close to F430. We are talking about a first class super car, not a entry level sports car competiting against next generation 350Zs, STI, EVOs, etc.

Power sells, if the car make impressive power, it will do well. American is their #1 customer. Last time I checked people were paying $150K for a Ford sports car. If they can make a F430 or Ford GT beater with must have exterior styling like they did with original NSX. Then they should do fine even if the car sell over $100k.

damn right. my friend's gto came with 400 horse - i want it to have more than that.

i don't think you'll see a TOTAL F1-type street car from Honda though (not like a ferrari). i don't know how honda (or any other japanese company) would like to sell a car that needs major maintenance at 10k. not their style.

(and if you think the nsx is currently "f1ish"..... look at the engine from an F1 car and compare it to a ferrari's and the nsx's. the answers right there....)

Back