• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How strong is the NSX frame?

How strong is the NSX frame? I ask because I plan on building a high horsepower NSX and I know these cars are made from aluminum. I'm very worried about this because aluminum isn't really easy to fix once warped. Thanks for your help. If this is in the wrong section please relocate.

How much power are you planning on making? The NSX is pretty stiff. Things other than the frame will start breaking once you go past the 500hp mark or so. ie. Axles, transmission, etc. Ask some of the guys who race these cars(ie. Shad, Billy etc.) for some advice.

dont worry about the frame, there are guys on here pushin 700HP

if your going for more than that you need to get your head examined LOL

what kinda number are you shooting for? HP wise

... making an appointment to get my head examined lol ...

I was looking into the area of high 700 to 1000 rwhp. Some think that's too high for a street car lol.

Last edited:
The NSX's frame is as strong as it would be if it was made of steel, Honda did lots of R&D and spent a ton of $$$ to ensure that the all aluminum frame was equally as strong/safe as a steel equivalent.

There are a lot of people making the kind of numbers you're looking to make, while the money they have had to invest is severe, you can do it. GL with your build and ask the people who have already accomplished the goal for tips and advice during your build.

use a 91-94 coupe frame as your starting point..

+1
a 91-94 coupe should be a good starting point from a body and engine perspective and you'll likely be aiming for a twin turbo and built motor to get into those numbers. Then paint some flames on the front and add some stickers for a few hundred extra horses :biggrin:

GL to ya

Back