• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How to fix a wind noise in door window.

Does anyone know how to correct a wind noise in the passenger door?

I have a slight wind noise at speeds above 60 mph. The noise is coming from the top of the window glass where it meets the rubber seal around the door. Air is passing between the glass and the rubber seal making the noise.

It seems like the window either needs to go up a little further or the door needs to be tighter to press the glass into the rubber seal.

Is there a way to adjust the door or window so it presses the window glass tighter against the rubber seal?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks Hugh....I just looked but couldn't find the section that covers this adjustment. Can you point me to the link? I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks Hugh....I just looked but couldn't find the section that covers this adjustment. Can you point me to the link? I'd really appreciate it!

This is the page he is talking about....

Attachments

• 20-13 NSX.jpg
    20-13 NSX.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 508
lol mine makes this annoying noise as well.

pics pls when/if anyones taking the door apart and gets exact part to adjust. Not too thrilled about taking door apart... and if I do I'll probably work on the slow windows deal as well.

I had the same issue. My rubber weatherstrips were not in good shape. They don't necessarily need to be cracked to impede the seal, they can also just have lost their rigidity. It is a spendy option, but if you change these out you will have a perfect seal and NO road noise. From my experience, it is the rear (RR) that tends to fail. I changed by rear and now, perfect. The part numbers are:

Acura Part 72320-SL0-T01, WEATHERSTRIP, FR. PILLAR
Retail: $1,093.83 each

Acura Part Number: 72330-SL0-T01, WEATHERSTRIP, RR. PILLAR,
Retail: $1,093.83 each

One extra note, this is just for the targa models.
Not true. I had this problem with my '91 coupe. My mechanic did the door glass adjustment, and it was cured.

If you have a different year service manual, look in the Body chapter for the section called "Door Glass Adjustment".

Not true. I had this problem with my '91 coupe. My mechanic did the door glass adjustment, and it was cured.

If you have a different year service manual, look in the Body chapter for the section called "Door Glass Adjustment".

Good to know, thanks for the info. I will also look into this. Thanks again.

Back