• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How to get an NSX appraised?

My insurance guy calls me today and says the underwriter needs an insurance appraisal. There is a classic car dealer in town who does appraisals for like $150.00. Anyone know where I can get one for less that the insurance company will approve of? Can a Acura dealer do one?:redface:

Maybe things are different in your area of the country, but I have never heard of this. Is this a new insurance company to you? Is this because of the age of the vehicle? Are you carrying some sort of strange insurance on it?

I have "stated value" insurance which requires an appraisal every three years. I have it completed at the local Acura dealership.

(They have never charged me for this)

Norm
94 Red

Norm said:
I have "stated value" insurance which requires an appraisal every three years. I have it completed at the local Acura dealership.

(They have never charged me for this)

Norm
94 Red

I have the "stated value" deal also. Maybe the "Blue Book" and the stated value aren't near each other.

I've been using this Ins company for a couple years now. I think with special cars that are over 20K this might be the normal.

Thanks Norm and the rest of you for your prompt response.

Its been suggested to me too (here in Canada)
After 15 years, the insurance company figgures most cars have depreciated to almost nothing. And I beg to differ. My 92, although high mileage, is in pretty good shape, and is worth much more than the insurance company would be willing to pay out in a "write off" situation.
I've not had mine done yet, and am wondering how it will effect my premium.
I've heard $200 (canadian) is about the norm to pay for the appraisal.

Back