• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How to remove adhesive material on painted surface

It's a long story how this got on the surface of the NSX. Just want to know if adhesive remover is safe to use in this case or if there's a safer/alternate way. Thanks, Randy.

This is the best stuff to use. It is specifically made for the job.
You can purchase it at a autobody supply store.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Wow, that was a great product. I should keep one around always. However, just out of curiosity, will the regular adhesive remover from your local auto parts store damage the paint surface on any car? Just a thought.

I also recall WD-40 seems to dissolve adhesive.. Is that stuff safe on paint surface?

Thanks.

The adhesive removers at the supply stores and WD40 will probably work.
I just believe in using the best and taking no chances on cars like the NSX. :biggrin:

just remember to quickly clean it up and wax it up good there.

Yep.
As the label says it is a "wax" remover but on cured paint there is no reason to be quick other than to get the job done so you can go for a ride. :smile:
Just like detailing products you have to let the product stay on long enough to work.
I strongly suggest that people read the label directions and warnings and get a MSDS sheet for this product. The selling vendor is oblidged to have MSDS sheets and provided them for no charge if you request them when you purchase the product.
Nitrile gloves, a correct respirator and eye protection are neccessary for your saftey and good things to keep around. :wink:

pbassjo said:
I strongly suggest that people read the label directions and warnings and get a MSDS sheet for this product. The selling vendor is oblidged to have MSDS sheets and provided them for no charge if you request them when you purchase the product.
If you would like to look up the MSDS for any product, there are searchable databases on the Internet where you can do so, such as the one at the Seton Compliance Resource Center. 3M makes it even easier; you can look up a product on their website (for example, the web page for their 3M Adhesive & Wax Remover is here). Right on the product web page, they provide a link to the MSDS.

The Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) is filed with the federal government and describes the ingredients and safety profile of its products. An MSDS is required for any substance which is a health hazard (meaning that acute or chronic health affects may occur in employees exposed to it) or a physical hazard (meaning a chemical that is a combustible liquid, a compressed gas, explosive, flammable, an organic peroxide, an oxidizer, pyrophoric, unstable (reactive) or water-reactive). Each MSDS contains information about the company that makes the product, ingredients, health hazards, first aid information, handling and storage precautions, fire hazard information, physical and chemical properties, etc. You can read more about the MSDS in the MSDS FAQ (click here). Most, but not all, sellers of detailing products have one or more MSDS on file for their products.

Back