• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How to remove center speaker

The Sub and rear speaker works on the same amp. I removed the sub which was easy but how to remove the rear panel to remove the center speaker? Thanks.

remove center console compartment bottom/ carpet,

remove 4 screws holding the center armrest,

remove armrest

remove the top rear window bolster,

remove both center rear square leather covers,

you will see 4 screws holding the whole thing in place,

remove screws,

unplug tweeter,

then slide the whole thing out,

place on ground remove the 4 screws holding the speaker in,

your done, reverse order to install.

Last edited:
The Sub amp don't work so the center don't work' buy a new sub or fix it the passenger speaker crackles like crazy only the drivers speaker works, so I'am in procees of removing everything out. Fix-it or buy new.

fixing the Sub amp and door amps is the easier on the wallet than buying new. send your amps for repair to BrianK

Pm him, he posted above your last post

I don't have any sound coming form the center speaker. The car has an aftermarket head-unit, subwoofer and 2 amplifiers....
I was told that since I have aftermarket parts, the center speaker where not connected since it does not belong in the left or right side of the car....(When adjusting BALANCE CONTROL). Is this correct? What do I need to do in order to connect and turn on the center speaker. Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks.

The center gets its signal from the stock foot well so if your stock unit is gone you will not have a working center. I would not worry about having it working.

I don't have any sound coming form the center speaker. The car has an aftermarket head-unit, subwoofer and 2 amplifiers....
I was told that since I have aftermarket parts, the center speaker where not connected since it does not belong in the left or right side of the car....(When adjusting BALANCE CONTROL). Is this correct? What do I need to do in order to connect and turn on the center speaker. Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks.

The center gets its signal from the stock foot well so if your stock unit is gone you will not have a working center. I would not worry about having it working.

So i take it then that mostly everyone is only running door speakers? (and possibly a sub)

Also not to hijack such an old thread but curious on opinion....

Is placing a hard hitting 8" sub in the trunk useless due to the motor being between you and the trunk?

I know a lot of people put it in the front passenger footwell...but still curious...

Thanks...

I just replaced the original bose units. Put JBL seperates in the doors mounted on mdf cut to replace the original speakers. Replaced the sub in the passenger footwell with an 8" shallow mount Kenwood sub in a mdf box and fiberglassed to seal and deaden it. Mounted 2 amps on the trunk 1 for the sub the other for the door speakers. Fiberglassed the original console to accomodate the single din head unit as I hadn't heard too many good things about the aftermarket replacements. Tried painting the peeling interior plastic but didn't like the look (too harsh in silver) so I bought the 3m carbon fiber wrap for the interior pieces. Pretty easy to use but takes patience if you want to get all the curves and valleys covered nicely. Looks and sounds amazing and I admit I'm obsessive about looks and sound quality. I agree don't bother with the center speaker not enough room to get anything decent sounding in there. I can post pics if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
Yes I would love to see pictures

I replaced my center speaker with a 4" 2way speaker. I connected it to the front Left speaker of the head unit using the internal amp. Now, that is where the Nav/Phone audio comes from.

I am running seperates in the door with tweeters on the dash and a aftermarket sub in the passenger footwell.

Also, since the center speaker is connected to the head unit, it does make the sound positioning in the car a little higher in the cabin. Plus, since all the other speakers have an external amp and the headunit has a built-in crossover...there is no distortion from the little 4" speaker

Difficult to see, but I'm running two tweets in the center........... along with the stage 2 SOS Audio Package.

IMG_0924.jpg

...I bought the 3m carbon fiber wrap for the interior pieces. Pretty easy to use but takes patience if you want to get all the curves and valleys covered nicely. Looks and sounds amazing and I admit I'm obsessive about looks and sound quality.

How did you get the 3M wrap to stick to the concave area under the handbrake?? From this thread it looks like a challenge:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125621

Post some pics!

Last edited:

The NSX I picked up has an aftermarket head unit, but the center speaker is the ONLY speaker that does work. Any input on that? I am in the process of replacing all the door speakers/tweeters with Alpine Type R component setup, but was curious about the center speaker as well. I will probably just run the 2 in the door w/tweets as the type r quality in sound is amazing & more than loud enough.

You never know how things get connected when an aftermarket system gets installed but I assume the connection to the center speaker was made at the foot well speaker amp unit so that is where I would go looking to see what was done.

Back