• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How to remove Navpod?

Hey guys, when i picked up my NSX it can with a navpod and gps installed. im looking to install a short shift and to do so need to remove the console including the navpod. the vent part pops out but the rest seems pretty secure and i don't want to break it. is the navpod all one piece or does back separate from the front frame? does somebody have step-by-step pics of install/removal of it? Thanks

One piece unit. The Navpod screws into the dash from the top. You should see a couple of tabs and they come out so you can then unscrew the unit. By the way, before you ad a short shift kid, you might just want to change shift knobs. I did both and actually took out the short shift and just kept the SOS knob.

The screw covers on top of the navpod are difficult to remove; there is a small cut out on one side of the cover, insert a jeweler's screwdriver and you should be able to release the tab, causing the cover to pop up.

For complete removal, it depends on how the previous owner installed it. The OEM method is to screw the part into the dash, but some people just use velcro, or create mounting brackets to retrofit the pod without putting holes in the dashboard. Once you have the screw covers off you can determine how your pod is secured.

For the rest of the center console removal procedure check out the write-up on BrianK's website:
http://nsxe-repair.com/CCUremoval.html

Back