• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How to remove trim near mirror???

Does anyone know how to remove the black, triangle trim pieces that are in the corner of the windows just above where the mirrors attach to the door?

Do they just pull off or are they attached somehow??

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0276.jpg
    IMG_0276.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 44
Does anyone know how to remove the black, triangle trim pieces that are in the corner of the windows just above where the mirrors attach to the door?

Do they just pull off or are they attached somehow??

Thanks!

They just pull off- I use a butter knife to work them off. Be warned that the plastic tabs inside the piece (they clip into the door) have a nasty habit of snapping off. Take care not to bend the piece side to side, as this will snap off the tabs. Try to pull it out directly away from the door.

I am not very good at figuring this kind of stuff out. Are these hard to remove? Will I likely damage them? Where do I insert the butter knife? Can yoyu give me more instruction how to remove them pleae?

I am not very good at figuring this kind of stuff out. Are these hard to remove? Will I likely damage them? Where do I insert the butter knife? Can yoyu give me more instruction how to remove them pleae?

I belive Honcho is refering to the trim piece on the inside of the door, wich is easy to just pull straight out.
The trim on the outside of the door (that your asking about as far as I understand) is fixed with 3 screws from the inside. (See attached pic)

Attachments

• Door sash.jpg
    Door sash.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 31
Back