• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How to replace speed sensor?

Just so I am clear we are talking about the Vehicle speed sensor vs. a Wheel speed sensor, correct??

If so remove the air box, and the "control box" from the engine bay. I typically swing the control box up onto the intake manifold(too many hoses to bother disconnecting).

The replacement speed sensor is on top of the differential area of the clutch housing in the trans. Remove the two bolts that hold the speed sensor and heat shield and just replace it. Do not remove the one bolt and take the entire sensor drive assy out of the trans. Make sure you use the new little drive shaft that comes with the speed sensor. It is a tight place to work in, so prepare to be patient:). A 1/4 drive ratchet is best for this swap.

HTH,
LarryB

What were your issues with the speed sensor, so i can tell in the future if I need to replace it?

2-Saw said:
What were your issues with the speed sensor, so i can tell in the future if I need to replace it?

ODBI code 17 and a flakey speedo:).

HTH,
LarryB

Back