• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HSC=Next NSX?

I may need to keep my current NSX as well as getting the HSC. From the pics, I thint it is a coupe and not a targa.

That being said, I will need a bigger garage.

OK, I like pretty much like all of it, but the tail is waaay ugly. I don't like the staright-down angle like a corvette, or the big gaps on the bumper. There is gotta be a better way to do that area. My favorite part is the flowing line that runs from the front wings to the rear wings, very nice and unique. I also like the bubble headlights. Interior seems too busy, too much protruding elements. The car does look very Japanese, and looks like a good interpretation of a modern NSX.

NSXDreamer2 said:
If this indeed will show up as a 2005 model, I don't think there's anybody want to have a 04'... and for all those people who was asking if he/she should wait for the new Nsx??

A BIG DEFINATELY YES!!!

I won't be doing any mods for sure, I'll save that money for the 05. Wonder what will happen to the value of the first generation NSX after this one is launched? :eek:

From Vtec via response.jp

"Next term ' NSX ' concept model ' HSC ' = high speed concept of HONDA which is called the study. Enjoyment of impression and the sport car which work the machine unrestrictedly is delivered to all people, you say that is basic idea. You can call the dimension, total length 4250mm× full 1900mm× total height 1140mm those of the super car just, but it is thought as the thing where also the easy drive characteristic that is seriously considered it can be worked on the one hand by anyone. The engine of HSC is similar V6 horizontal ranging to existence NSX, but the aerodynamic volume displacement is expanded by 3.5 liters, also the highest output is the possibility that it becomes 300ps over. Shift has with the dial system which makes fast speed change possible, in the steering wheel like the racing car the paddle shift switch. As for suspension with the front and back double wishbone, from current type as for dimension of amount and the rear suspension where car width spreads it seems that is improved substantially. As for the interior with modern ones which use material such as carbon and colored aluminum, to be tend nostalgic production is thin in the model of this kind. As for HSC is not the case that it is marketed with the that way form, but with exhibition of the same car, the expectation to next term NSX appearance you probably can say that it increased greatly, "

I must say.. if it only has 300HP, it will be a flop.. even with the great looks. A 3.5L needs AT LEAST 350HP with today's technology.

I still personally think a car this great looking should have the HP to back it up... i mean something like 450 or more.

Maybe they will make a turbo option?? That would be good. Works for Porsche.

Agreed. Unless it weighs 2500lbs or something close to that. But in general I think, a 300hp car is not going to cut it.

Anyone familiar with the Tokyo Car Show?

I am curious if Honda typically releases tentative performance numbers for their cars on display. I'm quite anxious to see the details on the engine's vital statistics.

Wait a minute, viper, you don't know the weight yet... If they indeed have a totally new V6 for the HSC which is really really feather weight... and also a lighter chassis and accesaries... 300 hp range is cool (say it's somewhere around 350hp.)

if it's a study of bring enjoyment of High speed to ALL people, light weight or heavy weight with huge hp figures and lots of driver's aid gizmo ( eh... like all those AMG monster??) were the only way to go. Next nsx or this HSC would not going to the later evil way for sure. Not Honda.

I highly highly doubt it will just be 300hp. Thats not even as big of a jump from the 96-97, and as much as people complain about not enough power, it would be rediculoud to bump it up only 10hp.......Honda isnt that slow to catch on(hopefully)

Considering the TL is 270 HP; I'm sure the next gen NSX will be at least in the 340 HP range.

I love the rear end of that car! It oozes that intangible exotic look that is easy to talk about but difficult to produce.

I also like the fact that the engine is not covered by the hatch glass.

On the power topic, I believe there is about 0% chance the horsepower will be only 300. Especially if the displacement is larger. In 97, the NSX received a 20 hp bump with an additional .2 liters..... that was with limited modifications aside from the bore. Fast forward 7 years, you have to believe that honda can do better than that with .3 liters additional displacement. The idea that it would only bump up by 10 is hard to swallow. Now if 300 was a conservative estimate at the wheels, then it is more plausible.

If this isn't the next NSX, this is the best hoax yet. So many design elements seem right in character with the spirit of the car,
including homage to contemporary Ferraris- 360 up front, Enzo in the canopy and tail. The tail looks like it generates massive downforce with the undertray. The interior is gorgeous, the lack of sideview mirrors reminds me of the TL concept. Boys, I think this one is it!

That is a gorgeous design. Very cool. :D

I was expecting a flop for the next NSX. I thought Honda had lost touch keeping it around for so long and ending with the redesign.

The rear looks like a jet with the afterburners on. The overall design of the rear takes some getting used to, but I am very intrigued by this car.

The chromes have to go.

From the picture, the door seems to have a double hinge, that swings away from the body and then up.

As for the engine, it looks like a V6, but you can't really see if the engine extends for another two cylinder behind that cover.

I expect a 350+ hp 3.5 liter V6 with around 2800 lbs of weight.

Wouldn't it be great to have the original and the new one side by side in your garage? Who's with me?

I also want to do that with the BMW M5, but they are working on #4 now (#5 if you count the E12 M535i) and I have yet get #1, 2 or 3. :(

Good, not great, exercise in design. The front end does not flow well as it has too much of a square-block design, not tapered enough; and the cow catcher in the front end is not that smooth a look. Side profile and rear end are excellent, as is the canopy. Honda can still do a better, more unique, design, I believe. All said, I'd buy it in a heartbeat; which leads to the next question of the projected price point for this type of vehicle?:cool:

@#$%^&*()!!!!!!!

This car looks awesome! I just spent a ton of money on my new CTSC and now this!!!! Should have just used the money towards the down payment of this beauty. Wait a minute! The seat and the buttons are down right NSX's. And where is the shifter? It is a F1 transmission!!!
Steve :mad:

Last edited:
<- has begun saving his pennies.

I agree 100%. Still, if it ends up with 450HP I could live with the new rear end. :D

blown1981 said:
I lovvvvvvve the front, although I still think they should make a more exciting version of the CURRENT rear end. How great is this?!!! Mmmm, mmmmmm!

Honda usually does not wander too far from a concept to reality. With that said, I just bought a bigger piggy bank, and inserted some money tonight! :)

That is what is nice about Honda. They produce something that is so far ahead of the competition (Insight, Odyssey, ITR, GSR, NSX, CRX) that when the competition catches up, and even passes by for a short time. Just when the doubting starts, Honda slaps you in the face and says oh yeah well check this out!

Please oh please let the next NSX (HSC) be remotely as cool as this concept.

Mr. Uehara will not dissapoint!!!

Mr. Shigeru Uehara the Senior chief Engineer for Honda has been listening to us current NSX owners!!!

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=20361&perpage=50&highlight=nsx%20creator&pagenumber=1

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20294&highlight=nsx+creator

Now Make the Next NSX : (Doug Hayashi's Suggestions)

Sound and Excitement of a Ferrari (F355 sound)
Power and Handling of Porsche GT3 (light weight NA 6 cylinders)
Reliability of a Honda

JoeSchmoe said:
I think it is unlikely. Take a close look at this picture:

You can clearly see the weather strip cover the top of the door like in the current NSX. If the door were to swing upwards, it would likely strike the big bulge in the upper right portion of the picture. Also note the roofline on the opposite side (right side) is continuous and there are no cutouts for a gullwing like on the Mclaren.

Im guessing that the handle looks higher because the roofline is going to be 1-2" lower.

Well I guess that answers that question.

hsc2.jpg

Mclaren isn't quite a gullwing, The Delorean is a true gullwing. And that old Mercedes Benz, I forget the name off the top of my head. The Mclaren is hinged at the corner towards the front, not at the top. Anyways, its pretty clear from the picture that the door opens upwards in some fashion. Lets hope that makes it to production. :D

Re: Mr. Uehara will not dissapoint!!!

gomaidy said:

Sound and Excitement of a Ferrari (F355 sound)
Power and Handling of Porsche GT3 (light weight NA 6 cylinders)
Reliability of a Honda

If this car has the same HP as the GT3.. I think I could be happy with it. 380HP, 0-60 in 4.0 and 1/4 in 12.3 @ 118. Those are very respectable numbers.

If on the other hand it only has 300HP, does 0-60 in 4.5 and 1/4 in 12.9 at 110... it would not be impressive at all..

We have to at least beat a Mercedes E55 in a straight line!!

chassis/body

hmmm... Any mention of this concept car's body-panels/chassis: aluminum or steel or else...? :confused:

[If I missed it in a previous post, all apologies- this thread is on fire...] :eek:

Oh yea, hehe: where's the black-canopy roof...!?!;)

AND... anyone else feeling a bit light-headed...:p

Last edited:
Back