• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HSC=Next NSX?

Worth the wait!

red...

Attachments

• redhsc.jpg
    redhsc.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,460
calvin-
the link you posted is pretty old.
we've known about the hsc for one day.

First from the pictures (note many cars appear different in person than in pictures), I really like the frontend, the doors, the interior, not a big fan of the wheels (but those usually get changed). I like the tail lights, the back end (as on many cars) I don't think looks that good. Not as good as the current NSX.

Was there any mention of this car by Honda folks at NSXPO?

Re: Re: DEPOSIT

matteni said:
Wow - if you are willing to let a local dealer hold a big chunk of money with little or no information on the specs, final price, or delivery date you deserve to have it at MSRP IMO.

The production version of the new NSX or whatever they call it could be very different then this concept and you are really paying much more then sticker when you consider the time value of money.

I am excited about this new car just like I liked some of the elements of the Dual Note but the final product will probably be pretty different then the car we are seeing in these pictures.
Well, if you consider that when the NSX first came out, some were going for $100K with the markup, then you may be saving a substantial chunk of cash by putting a deposit down now. I guess it all depends on the size of the deposit.

That could even be an investment, where you can turn around and sell it when it gets delivered, and you get to pocket the markup, instead of the dealer.

Justin664 said:
Is that a red start button on the right corner of the dash?
Na, that's to activate the laser/radar stealth mode.;)

Joel said:
I wish they would keep the spoiler in the back and make the side scoops bigger. They are the signature features of the current NSX.

Ditto on the side scoops. As for the spoiler... I'm not quite sure... both looks pretty good.

Notice the photo of the driver cockpit only shows 2 pedals... Now, the question is which SMG are they going to use...

I think Honda is trying to get even with GM - GM copied many design aspects of the NSX for their C5 Vette. Now, the NSX gets the C5's rear quarter panels - yucks... That's the only part that I hope changes before production.

Just for fun I figured by picture the wheel size:

about 22 inches!

For sure there will be differences with the production model:

side markers lights

smaller wheels and maybe bigger gap

etc

About total engine output I just can't believe less than 110 hp/L making a nice 385 hp

( redlining @ 9 K rpm and cutting off at 9,3K ? )

for a 3,5 L V6.

I'd like to see 120 hp/L hence gratifying us of a respectable 420 hp! In a 2700 lb package, this car will move! 2,92 kg/hp!!! :eek:

But as far as we do not have any information power could be anywhere between:

317 hp to 437,5 hp ( from 90,625 hp/L to 125 hp/L )

and curb weight from 1275 kg to 1225 kg...

And having lowered S2K redline, the NSX will still be the king!

For sure this car will be magnificent dynamically and technically speaking.

Yeah, if they toss the back end and redo it with a more NSXey look, I'd go for this car, but I'd rather see both the back end and the B-pillar get a redesign.

It's funny, actually.

I really hate that swoopy B-pillar. It's basically what I don't like about an Enzo.

I really hate the back end. It's basically what I don't like about a Corvette.

being picky here but...

As someone noted earlier, the rectangular block shaped rear end looks much like the "big" rear end of a corvette.

i would like some sort of a spoiler... and bigger air vent/scoops.

i love the front and sides... rear has some getting used to.

Unfortunately I have to agree with the naysayers on this one. In a nutshell: way too Corvettish in rear, and Enzoish in front. As far as the interior goes: besides the F1 paddles and a modern makeover of the controls, I see nothing awe-inspiring in it.

Remember that Honda has probably been working on the shape for several years, including using some of its recent F1 experience. I would think the current shape predated the world premiere of the Enzo. Someone said it above: "Form follows function". The front end is obviously styled for down force. The rear end for the same reason, just like on the 'Vette. Think about this-- no more bumper dust:D

Even though Honda makes production models similar to its show cars, there will be many small changes to both the exterior and interior. If they did not make it look different, what is the point of coming out with a new model??? How much does the C5 look like the C4, C3 etc. How much does the RSX look like an Integra, or the last Prelude look like the previous two major styling changes. And last but not least, what about the 360 vs. 355 vs. 348 vs. 328 vs. 308.

I cannot wait to see it in person, and hope that American Honda runs a really good lease deal:D:D:D

i don't have much of a problem with the front. lot of people say it's enzo-ish. to me the enzo has a bird's beak.

the new nsx front is just a slight change from the new '03 models. headlight are similar. i wouldn't say they copied the enzo.

Lets not get too deep in to generalities here... if you hide the last 1/2 of the car, it doesn't remind of you an NSX and looks more like the king F-car? I strongly disagree.

Tweak the rear so its not so squared off like a 'vette with cheapo tail light clusters, incorporate the signature spoiler, and most owners go aftermarket on rims anyway, no big loss there.

The Enzo looks like a Hot Wheels or Zip Zap; the HSC is a far cry better looking than that.

A little more NSX bloodline and you'll be screaming to get your hands on one, admit it :)

Sunny

Re: @#$%^&*()!!!!!!!

whiteNSXs said:
This car looks awesome! I just spent a ton of money on my new CTSC and now this!!!! Should have just used the money towards the down payment of this beauty. Wait a minute! The seat and the buttons are down right NSX's. And where is the shifter? It is a F1 transmission!!!
Steve :mad:

Lemme know if you want to sell your car, Steve. I may want to buy it. :)

-CiaoBoy

I like everything I see so far.
The rear looks so awesome and all the guys at my shop felt the same way. I love the way this car looks period with no excepeions at all. Sure the more hp the better but 350hp is fine by me.
Now, how about a spyder version!
Will they make us wait for an open top version like the last car?
Targa is nice but I'd love this car with a full conv. top!
I will buy this car if they make it.

Back