• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HSC=Next NSX?

ANYTIME said:
Then it will be called the ASC, instead of the HSC?

Although it *is* badged as a Honda in the pictures, the HSC stands either for "High Speed Concept" or "High performance Sport Coupe" rather than "Honda S.... C...." as this article suggests.

Who knows what the final name will be. I doubt Honda/Acura will keep the NSX moniker. But it is just too early still...

One horsepower is equal to 1.0139 PS. So 300ps is 304.17 HP. Which is NOT near enough.

Gee. I seem to remember that you can multiply an equation by the same thing on both sides without changing things.

1 hp = 1.0139 ps

300 x 1 hp = 300 x 1.0139 ps

300 hp = 304.17 ps

And speaking of PS...

PS stands for Pferdestärke (German for horsepower) which....

1 PS = 735.49875 Watts

1 HP = 745.69987 Watts

Hence the 1.0139 multiplier.

Last edited:
Jimbo said:
Gee. I seem to remember that you can multiply an equation by the same thing on both sides without changing things.

1 hp = 1.0139 ps

300 x 1 hp = 300 x 1.0139 ps

300 hp = 304.17 ps
You can also do other things without changing the equality... like switching both sides.

300 hp = 304.17 ps

304.17 ps = 300 hp

Also, you can divide each side by the same value.

(304.17 ps / 1.0139) = (300 hp / 1.0139)

300 ps = ~296 hp

Yes, I quoted the wrong passage.

-Jim

more conservative rear?

OK, here is my crappy attempt to get the rear more inline with the original...

Attachments

• new nsx rear.jpg
    new nsx rear.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 4,787
JoeSchmoe - that's a step in the right direction. But the back end overall looks like some kind of spaceship. Hopefully Honda will revise the back end to build in some recognizable lines from the current body. I do like the HSC's front end and the side bodylines, they look great.

What about cutting it down to just two tail-lights? You photo-shop guys rule!

The strip across the top is nice, but I think I liked the different sized tail lights in the original design. Having them the same size gives vette and ferrari owners a chance to cry fowl... and as if the HSC didn't receive enough flak for copying other designs to begin with...

Shumdit said:
That view is simply hideous! I will gladly buy one of the 97-01 models with low mileage that you so many of you loved yesterday, but now are throwing out with the trash. Shame on you!
What is it that you showed so much hatred towards this car and our appreciations? If you don't like it, so be it. Everyone has different taste. So you think it is POS and trash and that's fine. But to keep on tormenting people who like it by saying "Shame on you," or "I can't believe I am the only one that see its ugliness and everybody just slurps it up, blah, blah, blah" is just insulting to PEOPLE here, not just the car.
Steve

Re: more conservative rear?

JoeSchmoe said:
OK, here is my crappy attempt to get the rear more inline with the original...
attachment.php

THAT IS AN EVER SO SLIGHT BUT AWESOME MOD!!!

HONDA SHOULD DEFINITELY PAY ATTENTION TO THIS.

the tail is very current NSX-like, yet modernized substantially, much smaller, and keeps with the theme of the HSC, very futuristic!!!
and with the center trunk dip and under the integrated spoiler, it breaks up the big fat end more...slicing it more aerodynamically and making it look less heavy.

though i'm still getting used to that sort of 'busy' rear end, it is looking better and better! although wild and such, it portrays a much more 'exotic' car look (ie. zonda, etc.) whether ppl like it or not.

i love it!!

i'll take an HSC with that NSX tail spoiler mod in Grand Prix White RIGHT NOW!!!

where do i SIGN!!??? ;)

Retro HSC

NSX taillights, integrated wing, bumper, revised fenders...

License plate? It's hidden behind a bumper-mounted liquid-crystal panel that goes from opaque (body-color) to transparent. ;)

Attachments

• 03tms_hsc2_tov-mod.jpg
    03tms_hsc2_tov-mod.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 5,154
Rubber Chicken said:
Having them the same size gives vette and ferrari owners a chance to cry fowl... and as if the HSC didn't receive enough flak for copying other designs to begin with...

Fowl. Funny. Kind of like the guy on bmwboard with an E39 iT, who never lets you forget iT.

Re: Retro HSC

Ojas said:

License plate? It's hidden behind a bumper-mounted liquid-crystal panel that goes from opaque (body-color) to transparent. ;)
Damn! I need to go back to school to learn this awesome Photoshop thing. Perhaps you guys can send in the pictures to Honda for them to sample. Good job!
:)
Steve

Rubber Chicken said:
The strip across the top is nice, but I think I liked the different sized tail lights in the original design. Having them the same size gives vette and ferrari owners a chance to cry fowl... and as if the HSC didn't receive enough flak for copying other designs to begin with...

made the strip longer, used different lights, and gave it parallel exhaust, rounded edges
(sorry, dont have photoshop.. used Paint)

Attachments

• new.jpg
    new.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 4,024
Last edited:
Re: Retro HSC

Ojas said:

Shawney likey. Shawney likey very much. Best rearend so far.

it's 1:30am ... that's it... i've had enough HSC photoshoping for today .. here's my contribution so far.
is this the direction u guys are thinking off too??? (i love the integrated wing + rear lights + oval exhausts) my lights here would look better less 'straight and ridged'

i really like JoeSchmoe's integrated wing... hence i've used it. :)

edit: just saw OJAS's contribution... looks like i wasted my time... ojas is the winner! great job man!

Attachments

• hsc - rear in development.jpg
    hsc - rear in development.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 2,764
non-integrated wing...

Attachments

• greyhsc.jpg
    greyhsc.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 1,594
Back