• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hurricane Ike.

Well all my Houston NSX friends. I hope your all gearing up for Ike. Looks like Houston may be in part of the strike zone now. I wish you all well if it comes. I'm an hour away so things may get a little shakey here. Best of luck to all of you.

Ironic, I just came to NSX Prime to see what was being said about Ike. I'm not sure, as I've been pretty busy at work. But the things I keep hearing from people, I'm starting to get nervous. Every gas station I passed last night(Wednesday) was PACKED! Glad I'm filled up. I briefly caught the news and saw manditory evacuation zip codes. There were 8-10 listed. Looks like this is the real deal. :frown:

Hope everyone stays safe. Take care guys.
- Zishan

Good luck to you folks. Be safe.

I love hurricane season and how the news makes every possible storm feel like it's going to be another Katrina.

In any case, stay safe people.

I have room in my house for any of you guys leaving H Town. Call me if you'd like a safe place to stay. I have two rooms empty and lots of floor space.
512-573-0660

Hey Luis,

Looks like the storm is headed my way. Can I and Smita come down too.:biggrin: Might as well start the Craze early with some drifting in the rain.:biggrin:

Last edited:
I have room in my house for any of you guys leaving H Town. Call me if you'd like a safe place to stay. I have two rooms empty and lots of floor space.
512-573-0660

My wife would kill me if I made an offer like this in a public forum.

Let me guess you are single or soon to be single? :biggrin:

I wish all of you in the path of Ike good luck. Living in Florida, I know what it's like being in the path of a monster storm. Gather your family and pets, seek shelter, and don't worry about anything else but your health.

For anyone coming into Austin from Houston;

I just came in from Bastrop (SE of Austin on 71). If you are coming on 71 or get stuck on 290, take the toll road (toll road 130) when you get to east Austin. It will probably not show up on your GPS. 71 was getting pretty crowded from everyone traveling in, yet the toll road was empty. You can take it north to toll road 45 west into north Austin. It crosses IH35 then Loop 1 (Mopac) and ends up at north 183. It will probably save you a ton of time.

my friend attends Sam Houston State and she said they're not evacuating :confused:

SHSU is in Huntsville. Thats like 75 miles inland. I doubt She has anything to worry about. This is Texas afterall - we are above sea level.

I hope everyone gets out safely!!! Get those NSX's out of there:smile:

I've got the NSX in a hardened warehouse, but now I'm thinkin'. Hmm. The eye is going to pass right over. It'll be a good time to go for a balls-out spin around the block.:biggrin: No cops, sunshine, and a strict time window.:wink:

Seriously, everyone be safe. I guess this is my last post before the lights go out. Here we go ....

Back