• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I am out of here......

Before I go......am I missing something? :smile:
IMG_0092.jpg

Guess what car I am going in....

Starting grid

Bugatti Veyron
Saleen S7
Rolls Royce Phantom
Rolls Royce Phantom
Rolls Royce Phantom
Bentley Silver Spur
Porsche Gemballa Twin Turbo
Lamborghini Murcielago Spider
Lamborghini Diabolo SVR
Lamborghini Gallardo
Lamborghini Gallardo
Lamborghini Gallardo
Ferrari Enzo
Ferrari F40
Ferrari 550 Maranello
Ferrari 430
Ferrari F430 Spyder
Ferrari 430
Ferrari 430
Ferrari 360 Spider
Ferrari 360
Ferrari 360
Ferrari 355
Ferrari Testarossa
Ferrari Testarossa
Ford GT40
Ford GT40
Gumpert Apollo
Aston Martin Vanquish
Porsche Ruf Turbo
Porsche Carrera GT
Porsche Carrera GT
Porsche 911TT Convertible
Porsche 997S
Lotus Elise
Mustang Vitesse
Porsche Carrera GT
Nissan 350z
Porsche Ruf CTR
Bentley Silver Spur
AC Cobra
Porsche Gemballa Twin Turbo
66 Corvette
Dodge Viper
Dodge Viper
Dodge Viper
Mercedes CLS55
Mercedes SL55
70' Dodge Challenger
Corvette Z06

Last edited:
Where the hell is the cheese?:biggrin:

Have Fun my man... You always do.:biggrin:
Take LOTS of pics and video.
What are you riding in?
Playa Plaaayyaa!!!!!
Len

Last edited:
No joke......you wouldn't believe me if I told ya! :eek:

First leg...... Ferrari 512 TR.
2nd leg........ CGT.
3rd leg..........WORLD FASTEST AND MOST EXPENSIVE CAR! :eek: :cool: :eek:
4th leg......ambulance :biggrin: :wink:

prova4re said:

2nd leg........ CGT.

wow that is impressive and damn I wish I could do that. Is the third leg the Buggati Veyron?

Excuse me but why should we care what you choose? Enjoy whatever you decide on.

Sig said:
Owning a Veyron probably produces the same results as having a third leg even if you don't have a third leg:wink:

Sorry, the door was open.

Not to be out done......Mclaren has hired a new driver for there 3 seater F1 car.
3arms-large.jpg

nchopp said:
Good choice on the camera - VX2000? Can't remember the model number of the extended capacity batter - BP-910, maybe? Those things last bloody forever.

Close....its the Sony pd 150 its a pro cam.

Damn it, I lose.

The VX2000 is close to a pro cam - generally considered prosumer.

I've got probably over 200 shooting hours on the 150. Camera I learned how to shoot on, actually.

My current usual camera. Sony DSR-550, with a Canon 14x lens, and the Sony wireless lav setup. Not too shabby. Still trying to decide what route we're going to take for HD. I'm really leaning towards Panasonic's offerings right now.

DSR500.gif

Shumdit said:

Sorry for asking sheesh:rolleyes: , I assumed because of the top speed comment but was double checking...most expensive seems to be speculative these days especially when McClarens and Enzo's are selling for $1 mil plus

nchopp said:
Damn it, I lose.

The VX2000 is close to a pro cam - generally considered prosumer.

I've got probably over 200 shooting hours on the 150. Camera I learned how to shoot on, actually.

My current usual camera. Sony DSR-550, with a Canon 14x lens, and the Sony wireless lav setup. Not too shabby. Still trying to decide what route we're going to take for HD. I'm really leaning towards Panasonic's offerings right now.

DSR500.gif

Killer camera for sure.....
Just too big to fit in the car, I am looking at the HD cameras but can't make up my mind yet. Go buy one and let me know how it works. :biggrin:

prova4re said:
Killer camera for sure.....
Just too big to fit in the car, I am looking at the HD cameras but can't make up my mind yet. Go buy one and let me know how it works. :biggrin:

I'm still not sold on the XDCAM format yet. I'm too wary of optical media to trust such an important asset to it.

I REALLY like the P2 - except for the price. I still have to spend some time and break down our costs based on tape usage - we go through about $20,000 worth of DVCAM tapes a year right now, so I need to figure out how many P2 cards and hard drives it would take to equal that kind of storage.

As for HDV - meh. I don't like the idea of trying to edit footage that's already been compressed to MPEG2 - regardless of how clean it appears the first time around. With Panasonic's P2, I can have full DVCPRO HD, 100mb/s 1080p high-definition. Right now I'm really leaning towards the following:

Production:

A Camera - Panasonic AJ-HDX400 - $32,000 MSRP
aj-hdx400.jpg

B Camera - Panasonic AJ-HVX200 - $5,995 MSRP
ag-hvx200.jpg

The problem comes to when I start thinking about News cameras. We have to have five or six - and $160,000 is quite a chunk of change for five cameras, without all the accessories we need (wireless lav mics and recievers, onboard lights, batteries), AND without all the storage assosciated with it. BUT, I don't like the idea of sending our reporters out with a camera as small as the HVX200 - they already manage to break our DSR-550s on a weekly basis, I don't want to even THINK about what they'd do to such a small and (comparatively) poorly built camera. There's also the intimidation factor - often a large camera will get you into places a small one won't. So it's a tough decision.

What days are you gone, prova? Will you be back by 6/10? We are planning a trip to Canada and I am thinking I can swing by and get that stuff. Let me know.

clr1024 said:
Sorry for asking sheesh:rolleyes: , I assumed because of the top speed comment but was double checking...most expensive seems to be speculative these days especially when McClarens and Enzo's are selling for $1 mil plus

Didn't mean to offend you. Sheesh sometimes simpletons get so easily upset!:biggrin: :wink: :biggrin: :wink:

I think by most expensive and fastest we would be talking MSRP and production cars. Otherwise, the old Bug. Royales would be the most expensive (I think) and one of the Salt Flat jet cars would be the fastest. I do not think he is going to ride in either of those!

DAMN!!!!
prova4re said:

2nd leg........ CGT.

Shumdit said:
Didn't mean to offend you. Sheesh sometimes simpletons get so easily upset!:biggrin: :wink: :biggrin: :wink:

I think by most expensive and fastest we would be talking MSRP and production cars.

Again speculative, but no harm, just thought it was a little harsh considering it wasn't explicit rather implicit....and there is nothing wrong with being a simpleton, I will get back to my simpleton ways now...the more I learn, the more I realize what little I know...:biggrin:

clr1024 said:
the more I learn, the more I realize what little I know...:biggrin:

I prefer "Hire a teenager........While they still know it all!"

That was a sign in my bosses office when I was a teenager, and it makes a lot more since a couple of decades later:biggrin:

Shumdit said:
I prefer "Hire a teenager........While they still know it all!"

That was a sign in my bosses office when I was a teenager, and it makes a lot more since a couple of decades later:biggrin:

should add that they will work for cheap too, can probably pay them in pizza!

nchopp said:
. There's also the intimidation factor - often a large camera will get you into places a small one won't. So it's a tough decision.

That is SO true!
I am thinking of getting the Panasonic, do you know the pros and cons of it?
What company do you shoot for?
One of the reasons I allways stuck with Sony was you had plenty of batterys and extra parts left over from the last cam.
I had the GL2 and the GL1 for a short time, I was not impressed.

Back