• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I bought Alpine MP3 Changer

I bought the Alpine CHA-S632 MP3 Changer at a local Tweeters store, but they did not have the KCA-130B adapter. I'm having no luck finding finding any place that sells this adapter, or the ACUALP adapter. Where should I go to buy these, either local or online. The salesman thought I had to run the cable directly to the head unit, even when I insisted I could use the factory CD changer cable with an adapter. Also he was clueless about the ACUALP function when I told him it reverses the polarity in one channel to bring both sides in phase. Thanks for the help

You can get that adapter from Sounddomain.com

Sorry I couldn't stay longer and at least say hi to you at Area 51 today.

... at least I think that was your Zanardi out there.

I was there for all of... 10 minutes?

Originally posted by POWERED by HONDA:
You can get that adapter from Sounddomain.com

Sorry I couldn't stay longer and at least say hi to you at Area 51 today.

... at least I think that was your Zanardi out there.

I was there for all of... 10 minutes?

Yep, that was my zanardi at the meet. It was pretty cool hanging with everyone and checking out the cars. Lots of head turns from people seeing all those bad ass cars in one area, and when we all left the parking lot.

I'll give Sounddomain.com a call. Thank you

-Eric

Originally posted by EricC:
Yep, that was my zanardi at the meet. It was pretty cool hanging with everyone and checking out the cars. Lots of head turns from people seeing all those bad ass cars in one area, and when we all left the parking lot.

I'll give Sounddomain.com a call. Thank you

-Eric

Eric, here's a direct link.
http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/PERACUALP

This is the place where I piced mine up about two years ago.

I'm sure I'll get to say hi in person some other time.

... wash your car!
biggrin.gif

Too Dirty, eh?

I see the ACUALP on sounddomain.com, but I don't think they have the KCA-130B adapter. The only place I found online that has it is Chuchfield, and they're out of stock untill August! Any other ideas?

-Eric

check alpine's website for alpine dealers local to you, then start calling. i got lucky, fairly local shop had the changer and both cables in stock. dont even bother repeating what sales drones are telling you, you read the DIY install, you know what you need, dont even bother asking questions other than "do you have these parts?"

Glad to see more people are getting this if you read my original post, about half way down the page I included a location to get both adapters.

It also sounds like I need to hurry up and fix my DIY install. I will try to get this fixed by tomorrow.

[This message has been edited by nsxxtreme (edited 24 June 2002).]

Originally posted by EricC:
I bought the Alpine CHA-S632 MP3 Changer at a local Tweeters store, but they did not have the KCA-130B adapter.

Eric,

What was Tweeters price on that changer (if you don't mind saying)?

Thanks,
Randy

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

i called 7 alpine dealers including tweeter, circuit city and smaller shops. every single one had it for $299. the only place i found it "cheaper" was shopping.yahoo.com but those places all had $25-30 shipping costs which put it over $300, and they weren't authorized alpine dealers anyway. logical thing to do was just to go pay the $299.

Back