• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I can floor it!!!!

Ok, for those that might not know, my NSX was running pretty bad when I got her and with the help of this board I have gotten her runnin' much better. I don't know how to link a thread but "Getting better but still can't floor it" thread covers pretty much everything I have done to get her going better. Larry is the real genius with the misfire detector suggestion.

After I ran a good tank through her with the techron fuel injector cleaner she got better, then I ran a tank with nothing in it. She was having some cold, and low RPM, under 3K, hesitation. I ran it down pretty low, put in 15.1 gallons and got just over 25MPG on that tank. After filling her back up I put in the Lucas fuel system cleaner, and she has good acceleration throughout including when cold and with the low RPM.

I can floor her now and she doesn't get mad at me :biggrin: I think she must have been sitting for a while and had some bad gas in her. I will replace the fuel filter again after a couple more tanks. She has a slight unsmooth idle but otherwise she is running great. I did not want to say rough idle because it is not that bad, it's just not as smooth as it could be.

I will probably be replacing the timing belt/water pump next weekend, and I will check the valves while I am at it. :smile:

Thanks to the board for all of your help and patience with me as I work on getting my NSX working properly.

53heloFE said:
......then I ran a tank with nothing in it....
Wow - amazing process - patent it!!!!!!
biggrinroll.gif

53heloFE said:
...... I did not want to say rough idle because it is not that bad, it's just not as smooth as it could be.....
They are all slightly rough at idle, particularly the cold idle ....

D'Ecosse said:
Wow - amazing process - patent it!!!!!!
biggrinroll.gif

Nice one :biggrin: I sure left that one wide open didn't I.

It's called invisi-gas, runs soooo smooth you can't even tell the car is running...LOL :tongue:

53heloFE said:
It's called invisi-gas, runs soooo smooth you can't even tell the car is running...LOL :tongue:

Sign me up for 100 gallons - is it hard to ship? <!--StartFragment -->
biggrinears.gif

Off topic but my brother-in-law used to fly PaveLow (AirForce) - he was stationed in Albuquerque for a while too, but that was 10+ years ago. I'm not sure but I think he flies a desk these days.

D'Ecosse said:
Sign me up for 100 gallons - is it hard to ship? <!--StartFragment -->
biggrinears.gif

Not hard to ship at all, and I can have that there for you almost instantly after I recieve payment :biggrin:

D'Ecosse said:
Off topic but my brother-in-law used to fly PaveLow (AirForce) - he was stationed in Albuquerque for a while too, but that was 10+ years ago. I'm not sure but I think he flies a desk these days.

Sweet!!! Is he still in or has he retired?

Back