• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I feel like I am taking crazy pills.

Whoo Hoo !!! Car is back in my garage.I picked it up today drove it home and parked it in my garage.The car ran great.After I wash the car I will break in the motor(dirty to the point of embarrassment).I am pretty anal about the cleanliness of my cars though.The car doesn't even have windshield wipers because it has never seen a drop of rain while in my care.My mechanic told me he would get the car cleaned up next week when I drop it off for the SC installation.It feels like we are going in a positive direction now.

Glad to see things have worked out for you.
Happy trails to you.
I should see mine in the Next 2 weeks. :cool:
Cross your fingers for me. :confused:

You're putting that much money, sweat, blood, tears, and time into the car and you're still going with the cheaper and non-CARB legal supercharger?

Maybe I'm the one taking crazy pills here.

Mind Your Own Business

You're putting that much money, sweat, blood, tears and time into the car and you're still going with the cheaper and non-CARB legal supercharger?

Uh, HELLO....V8Killer does not live in California. :rolleyes:

Obviously so, if you can't read avatar locations. :rolleyes:

My comments are predicated upon slashmatt's comments being directed towards V8, since B&T (who is obligated to meet CARB) is going turbo (right?), thus the SC comment does not apply.

Now if this is not a contradiction, I don’t know what is. The very fact that PaynNSX’s shop is familiar with the BBSC does give him the right to dispense advice on the BBSC. I suppose a Dell representative service technician does not have the right to dispense advice on PC setup, huh?

This kills me, I've been reading these boards for years and have been a long term member, but this line just had me laughing out loud... because the only thing that came to mind when I read it was: "Obviously, you've never worked with Dell before, maybe they should be tuning your BBSC, because they sure as hell can't fix a PC."

Sorry for the de-rail.... flame on! :)

-BZ

Re: Mind Your Own Business

AndyVecsey said:
since B&T (who is obligated to meet CARB) is going turbo (right?), thus the SC comment does not apply.

FINALLY! I get a chance to correct the correcter!!!

Here it is:

I am not going turbo, I am turbo. I am going from V-5 to V-6 !!!

AndyVecsey said:
You're putting that much money, sweat, blood, tears and time into the car and you're still going with the cheaper and non-CARB legal supercharger?

Uh, HELLO....V8Killer does not live in California. :rolleyes:

Obviously so, if you can't read avatar locations. :rolleyes:

My comments are predicated upon slashmatt's comments being directed towards V8, since B&T (who is obligated to meet CARB) is going turbo (right?), thus the SC comment does not apply.

You've never heard of moving or resale value, have you? With ALL the problems related to his service, he's still using the same shop that he complained about so much to manufacture his supercharger. I was minding my own business, the business of trying to figure out which supercharger system to install in my car. I was under the impression that this is a sub-forum on forced induction on a site dedicated to NSX ownership.

slashmatt said:
You've never heard of moving or resale value, have you? With ALL the problems related to his service, he's still using the same shop that he complained about so much to manufacture his supercharger. I was minding my own business, the business of trying to figure out which supercharger system to install in my car. I was under the impression that this is a sub-forum on forced induction on a site dedicated to NSX ownership.
Hope you are wearing your seat belt........... come to think of it maybe a 5 point harness is in order.

Andy you have the floor.

Armando

slashmatt said:

having met v8killer a few times in person, I think the reason he went with the bbsc was from the standpoint of upgradeability. as it stood 2 years ago, the best you could hope for from a 1991 with high boost ctsc and all supporting mods was in the neighborhood of 350 rwhp. He was much more interested in a 400+ rwhp car than CARB certification affecting him in Arizona. With his current setup, he *should* be able to very very easily break 400 rwhp, and if his 13-14 psi setup is tuned well, 450+ is obtainable i believe.
I rode in his car at 10-11 psi. it was FAST, even compared to my 360 rwhp nsx. It's unfortunate he's had to go through the whole experience, and the time table has been extended so long, but even when i drop off my car at mark's place for routine stuff, he's always so backed up i end up having to wait longer than expected..

BoneZ said:
This kills me, I've been reading these boards for years and have been a long term member, but this line just had me laughing out loud... because the only thing that came to mind when I read it was: "Obviously, you've never worked with Dell before, maybe they should be tuning your BBSC, because they sure as hell can't fix a PC."

Sorry for the de-rail.... flame on! :)

-BZ

Wow bonez, what rock have you been under all this time? I remember slamming the toilet lid on your head with my post that you quoted. Why revive it after all this time? Lobotomy healing up nicely?

slashmatt said:
You've never heard of moving or resale value, have you?

Resale? What's that? Maybe V8 plans on keeping his car forever, and never plans to move to California. Ever thought of that?

The first 1000 break in miles are behind me and the car was dropped off yesterday to have the SC installed.I was told that I should have it back by the end of next week.

I dropped the car off on 2/24 and he said I would get it back by the end of this week.The car ran great and got 23 mpg city/hwy.There is a little chatter from the clutch when engaging 1st gear while stopped.

Wayne

Ok.. So what happened.. ?

Back