• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I found a random video of my other car

RYU

Legendary Member
Patron Supporter
Tech Expert
I was cleaning out my hard drive and found an old vid. Since Bats goes off talking about the GTO all the time I figure i'd post something too. Now now... before you all go perving out to the models.. they're just in High School!

They're actually great kids and very talented. This was an after school program of sorts at the Pasadena Art Center for both aspiring fashion designers and photographers.

I'm going to miss the Chevelle. It might go to a new home before the end of summer. *sniff*

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PS1Qw5oNp-c&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PS1Qw5oNp-c&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Old video, like, what? 7 months? looks very fresh and in HD, love it!

What a car!!

If it ends up going to a new home, I hope it's a loving one. Very clean and tastefully done.

Any plans to pick up another one? '70 by chance? I'd love to see a '70 done by someone who has their '66 looking as good as yours.

Last edited:
This is a 66 isnt it? I think I remember you poring info on it somewhere here. If it goes up for sale get in touch. I would be interested in it for my father. He had one back in the day and has mentioned for years about getting another one and doing some up to date performance mods to it. It looks great!

Thanks for the kind words gents!

If it ends up going to a new home, I hope it's a loving one. Very clean a tastefully done.

Any plans to pick up another one? '70 by chance? I'd love to see a '70 done by someone who has their '66 looking as good as yours.
My first project was a frame-off factory resto on an original 1970 SS396 Conv. I spent two years on that car and it turned out absolutely beautiful. I planned to keep it forever then I realized the most joy I get out of these cars is when i'm wrenching on them not really when i'm done with them. I would have perhaps kept this car if I wasn't always so nervous driving it all the time. I couldn't stand the though of someone potentially crashing into it. I realized then I needed to build a true driver with updated "modern" mods. That's when I bought the 66 and stuck an LS1 in it.

Chevelle396SS_00111.jpg

Chevelle396SS_00019.jpg

This is a 66 isnt it? I think I remember you poring info on it somewhere here. If it goes up for sale get in touch. I would be interested in it for my father. He had one back in the day and has mentioned for years about getting another one and doing some up to date performance mods to it. It looks great!
Someone offered me $18-19k point blank recently for the 66. He's a friend of mine so I think I may just let it go for that amount (cheap right?? lol) . I've got just slightly over that in parts alone but i'm not including any labor hours spent on the car. The car isn't perfect and I didn't build it that way. I can see how Pro-Touring cars can go into the $80k range though.. The custom parts add up quick! Anyway, after doing a full on frame off on the 70... I wanted to build a great driver and ended up with this :biggrin:

If you're seriously interested and my friend decides to back out I can contact you. No real rush to sell so i'm not really going to post it on any ads.

2010-04-17-016.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words gents!

My first project was a frame-off factory resto on an original 1970 SS396 Conv. I spent two years on that car and it turned out absolutely beautiful. I planned to keep it forever then I realized the most joy I get out of these cars is when i'm wrenching on them not really when i'm done with them. I would have perhaps kept this car if I wasn't always so nervous driving it all the time. I couldn't stand the though of someone potentially crashing into it. I realized then I needed to build a true driver with updated "modern" mods. That's when I bought the 66 and stuck an LS1 in it.

Chevelle396SS_00111.jpg

Chevelle396SS_00019.jpg

Someone offered me $18-19k point blank recently for the 66. He's a friend of mine so I think I may just let it go for that amount (cheap right?? lol) . I've got just slightly over that in parts alone but i'm not including any labor hours spent on the car. The car isn't perfect and I didn't build it that way. I can see how Pro-Touring cars can go into the $80k range though.. The custom parts add up quick! Anyway, after doing a full on frame off on the 70... I wanted to build a great driver and ended up with this :biggrin:

If you're seriously interested and my friend decides to back out I can contact you. No real rush to sell so i'm not really going to post it on any ads.

2010-04-17-016.jpg

I would definately be interested. He wants a drivers car not a show piece so yours sounds good. Just send me a PM if he backs out.

Hmmm May have to sell one of my toys to cover it though:frown:

Sup RYU!

Looks like that 70 chevelle picture was taken at the 21 century real estate parking lot next to the USPS?

Nice!

I would definately be interested. He wants a drivers car not a show piece so yours sounds good. Just send me a PM if he backs out.
Yes, I can do that.
Hmmm May have to sell one of my toys to cover it though:frown:

I know how you feel. I'm much more sentimentally attached to this car than many of my prev cars (except the NSX!) but i'd like for it to go to someone in the community who has more time to enjoy it more than me. Not some schmuck on ebay. Sounds lame.. but true!
Sup RYU!

Looks like that 70 chevelle picture was taken at the 21 century real estate parking lot next to the USPS?

Nice!
Stop stalking me TOOLTIME! I never drive my Chevys yet you seem to always spot me in them! :)

(yes, you are correct my friend)

Back