• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I got a new car!

We're slowly moving to being an all Honda family. I just got an Acura RDX. It's a great little SUV. The RDX is really a kick in the pants to drive. In fact, that's what sold me on it. It has a handful of shortcomings vis a vis what I was looking for, but that said, once I drove it, I knew it was for me. It handles very well, the turbo is great fun, the tech package is spectacular. Go Acura. It is a great complement to the NSX.

great choice. Perfect family ride. My bro-in-law just picked one up a couple weeks back, and he enjoys it too!

P.S. What colour is it?

well go on and post some pics!

can i get a review on that cts-v from you as well? ive been toying with the idea, seems like a great DD, like parts going bad, clutch life, avg/hwy mpg, thanks!

Great choice! Now contact Hondata. You'll be glad you did.

I'm getting about 20MPG in the country's worst traffic area, Wash. DC. It's all about driving style. Yeah, if I keep the turbo boosted, the MPG falls off of a cliff, but it's easy to get good mileage. Highway mileage is mid to high 20's.

The tech package makes this car! Some of the coolest gadgetry I've ever seen in a car too. I am really enjoying it.

well go on and post some pics!

can i get a review on that cts-v from you as well? ive been toying with the idea, seems like a great DD, like parts going bad, clutch life, avg/hwy mpg, thanks!

I'll get some pics sometime soon. I LOVED my CTS-V! It's a great DD. It needs a new shifter (most used ones already have one). I had 3 radiators in mine. Clutch was fine, diff was made out of glass (think Acura TL/CL/MDX 5sp. auto trans). If driven the way it was meant to be driven, 12mpg city is not uncommon. 16-18 was doable with 1-3-5 short shifting. When my kids are old enuf to get in the car by themselves, I'll be looking at the 2nd gen V....

Its been a week and you still don't have any pics up!!

You are just asking for some butt hurt:biggrin:

We're slowly moving to being an all Honda family. I just got an Acura RDX. It's a great little SUV. The RDX is really a kick in the pants to drive. In fact, that's what sold me on it. It has a handful of shortcomings vis a vis what I was looking for, but that said, once I drove it, I knew it was for me. It handles very well, the turbo is great fun, the tech package is spectacular. Go Acura. It is a great complement to the NSX.

I have driven one of these with the 4cyl. This vehicle is a blast to drive. I was thinking of buying one for a winter vehicle but went with something a little bigger. The gas mileage is not that much worse on a way larger vehicle.

I'm a fan of the RDX obviously. I've reached 26 mpg on a road trip before. All of out cars seem pretty underated for the most part. For example, my 2008 TSX is rated at 28 mpg highway by the EPA. That's what I get around town. On the highway I get around 35.

Back