• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I got BURNED !!!

I have learned a $$ lesson. I posted a few weeks ago about some chrome Dali racing engine parts I had for sale on the market place. I ended up selling them to an individual up North. I wasn't able to send them COD because of conflict of interest at work. So I decided to trust this fellow NSX owner and sent him the parts on his word that he would send me the funds. Well you can guess what happened. I sent them out and haven't seen a cent out of the person.
I think his screen name is 'NSXMan' or something along those lines. His email address is '[email protected]' if memory serves me correct. I had computer problems and lost his address so I can't contact him directly. Although I will be getting his address from work and send him a nice little letter asking for my money.
Just in case anybody else gets the bright idea to ship something to someone on this board PLEASE be careful and know the person very well before hand. This person lives in Kutztown PA.
If anybody can help me get in touch with this character please email me. I would greatly appreciate it.

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

Sorry to hear about your trouble. I hope you get your money.

[This message has been edited by SCS2k (edited 11 August 2002).]

Not sure if this helps but his email address is "[email protected]". Not "nsxman" who is a member on here who lives in Las Vegas. He has posted a few times on here in doing a search. He also at this time has open auctions on ebay including a trans am that he says is clean but has a flood title. In May he also posted his nsx on here for sale basically saying the same thing.

'92,
It's very discouraging to hear about your possible loss. One of the great things about the NSX community is how close knit it is. I have completed numerous transactions, both purchases and sales, to individuals I've never met before and all have been successful. Hopefully, in time, yours will too. Please keep us posted as to the outcome as it will be very good to know if there is a shark in our midst.

it will be very good to know if there is a shark in our midst.

It seems there already is. Shameful. Just shameful.

Lud, we've got a VIN list going for bad NSX's. How about the same for people.
biggrin.gif

Regards.

Also, please remember the rules of this forum with regards to buyer/seller disputes:

* Please try to resolve all disputes PRIVATELY first. After every effort has been made, you can post here to warn other buyers.

* Any complaints about a buyer or seller must be first-hand accounts

* When logging a complaint about a buyer or seller, you must include your real name, city/state and contact info. Anonymous complaints will be deleted.

I do not believe #1 or #3 have been met in this instance. If I am mistaken, someone please tell me. Otherwise I am going to delete this thread tonight and 92NSX can re-post it after he has contacted the seller in private, and he must also include his info when he re-posts.

My info:
Maurice Hayes
Jacksonville, FL 32210
I sold in good faith chrome engine parts to one:
Aaron Muller
Kutztown, PA 19530

I can provide UPS tracking # and verification of delivery if need be. I'm not trying to make anybody look bad but I feel that since I shipped the parts pre-paid on 7-17-02 and it's now 8-11-02 and still no money then I'm going to see it. I will try other means of contact also but hopefully he will see this and make good on his commitment.
Thank you for your time.

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

Confirmation of delivery via UPS was made at 1:57 p.m. on July 19. The box was put on the front porch of said individual.
Do I need to provide anything else concerning this sour transaction?

[This message has been edited by 92NSX (edited 12 August 2002).]

That looks like plenty of info to me. I certainly do not want to provide protection for anyone scamming NSX owners, I just need to ensure fairness all around. Thanks. Again, I am sorry for your situation.

Thank you for allowing me to use this forum to try and recover my loses. Hopefully this person will come forward and make good on his word to pay.
You can rest assured that I will keep everybody updated and give an honest and fair opinion about this person and how they handle it from here.
I'm not far from pursuing this in a legal why either. My wife isn't very happy right now about it and is pushing me to do that.

C'mon Aaron, step up to the plate !!!!

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

I think this vendor is obviously trying to rip-off NSX owners. I looked at his e-bay listings and he has other gauge sets available for other cars at half the price.

This vendor really need to reconsider how he is marketing to this community.

Originally posted by Dr.Lane:
I think this vendor is obviously trying to rip-off NSX owners. I looked at his e-bay listings and he has other gauge sets available for other cars at half the price.

This vendor really need to reconsider how he is marketing to this community.

I'm confused. What vender are you talking about, and what does ebay have to do with this thread? What have I missed?

Never mind.. I see said the blind carpenter and he picked up his hammer and saw

[This message has been edited by mikec (edited 14 August 2002).]

always deal with people that are locals. i would never want to do a deal if the buyer/seller is like thousands of miles away. atleast use paypal so the xfer of $ is documented and can be used in court. if you really want to get the $ back. your only hope is to go down to the local court house where he lives and file a civil lawsuit against the guy. i had to do this because i sent a notebook to a person in Florida that never paid me. and yes, i flew down there and filed a lawsuit against the guy. I GOT MY $ back. got compensated for the plane ticket and also for my 1 week stay there.
smile.gif

Opps...I posted on the wrong thread. I meant to post on the Indiglo Thread.

Sorry guys!

This is really unfortunate. It ruins it for others that are honest and would send the funds. Don't let one bad apple spoil it for everyone else. I can prove to you how good people are. Send me your wallet with 100 dollars cash and will send it back to you.
smile.gif
If you would not do this then do not send out a item with the same value. There is no difference.

Thank's for the link 'bayarea' I will use it tomorrow when I have more time.
Believe me fellas, I have learned a valuable lesson here that I won't soon forget.

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

Well everybody, guess who I heard from today? That's right, the person that I sent the 'free' parts to. He has promised to sent payment promptly. I will post when he does to let everybody know.

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

Back