• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I have Drew's abs bleeder tool

Daedalus said:
Received it today from 95 Cruzer (THANKS!). I may not be able to get to it until this weekend, but I'll have it shipped out early next week. NSXBill2, please PM me your address.

Ok, done

Maybe I missed it, but how much fluid should I go out and buy to do this?

Also, what kind? I want to put the blue high performance stuff in my brake system, but think I read that plain ol' Prestone DOT 3 or 4 is fine for the ABS???

Thanks,

Bill

jrehner said:
Only operation of one selenoid caused any milky substance to come out this time.. No effect operating the other 3... The pump did not seem to want to draw any fluid back into the accumulator however. I hooked everything back up and turned on the ignition and now the ABS comes on at startup and stays on--(oops--I hooked one of the selenoids up wrong and after I corrected the the light went off after startup). Light still comes on after I go down the road for 120 seconds with the pump going all the while. Have been told that after a few startups that should stop if the bleeding worked....

Sorry for the tardy response. I’m still not sure why your 9 mm won’t fit, but it sounds like you have opened it now.

You shouldn’t have to run a solenoid to get fluid to come out. The pressure in the system should force the fluid to come out just by opening the bleed screw. The fluid comes out like a milk shake at first. When you run the pump between drains (with the bleed screw closed), it should build the pressure back up in the system and it should draw fluid from the reservoir at the same time. If yours is not doing this, I think others with more knowledge need to chime in.

Bob

OK, I have the tool now. I've bled the system and will forward on next week.

Last edited:
The list, I believe, as of this date is-

ak
Hal_396
RC51NSX
Whatwasthat
Cincinnati Scott

Mahalo Drew! If there is anything I can ever do for you, please let me know. And a thank you, too, NSXBill2 who incurred a bit higher shipping charges due to me being in Hawaii and refused to take some sort of compensation for it... if you ever need anything from here, let me know.

Aloha!!
:smile: <!-- / message -->

I just received the tool. Hopefully get the bleeding done this weekend and send it out next week.

-ak

ak said:
I just received the tool. Hopefully get the bleeding done this weekend and send it out next week.

-ak
Make sure and put a meaningful sticker on the box. Trying to start a trend. :smile: Kelly, did you put a Hawaiian sticker on there?

Sorry Bill, I did not. :(

The box could use a "refresh" if someone has one the correct size, but then again all those cool stickers would be gone. :eek:

I was going to try and find another box, but thought it more important to get the tool back out on the road, ASAP.

Veleno said:
Double box it and stick the stickers to the inside of the box :)
I was thinking of that, but the box is pretty big as it is... but again, if someone can find a box the perfect size, that's a great idea... I'd even send a Hawaii sticker to the person who has the tool at the time to put onto the inside box. :)

I'll be getting it next and have access to all kinds of boxes.... Let me know what you guys decide and I will be happy to accommodate.

ok I'm pretty much done and just need to test drive.

I do have a question though. Should I finish the flushing process with a bleed or should I pressurize the system(with the switch) before going for a drive? I just finished with one last bleed... I'm guessing it doesn't really matter?? If someone can chime in, I'd appreciate it!

-ak

I pressurized it for the less-than-30-second period, then topped it off with fluid. That way, it can run some up to the pressure it wants and there is fluid in the reservoir for it. When you come back, you should be able to top off (if the pump did run) for the last time.

Bill

One last question... how many times should I bleed? The instruction says empty the reservoir once by bleeding...but is that enough to truely get rid of all the fluids? I flushed and went through about 2 reservoir worth of fluid which equaled to 1/2 L of brake fluid.

-ak

I did at least 6 repetitions, maybe more, filling the reservoir each time (but each time it only needed about 1/2 reservoir). I also sucked out and just replaced the fluid in my master cylinder reservoir while I was at it and saved enough to top everything off at the end. This used the entire 1 Liter bottle of fluid.
HTH

Last edited:
I used 1 qt of fluid doing the flush just to make sure. I ended with pressurizing by using the switch. When the car was started and moved for the first time, the ABS could be heard pressurizing the system and have not heard it since. :)

Ok the unit has been sent out to HAL_396! Thanks to everyone for the help and this unique/cool activity! :)

-ak

I have it in my grubbies as I type. Will get hot on it and see if I can find a better case for it.

I had to replace the box. It was pretty much trashed when I received it. I purchased a plastic box thats made for arrows and modified it for the tool. I have completed my service and will be sending it to RC51NSX shortly. BTW, The box will be secured with 4 zip ties. I recommend securing the box this way when shipping. I'll put 4 extra in the case just in case someone doesn't have any.

Its a great tool and an easy task. :biggrin:

HPIM0751.jpg

Back