• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I just bought a Carrera GT!

As a fellow MI native, I kindly ask for a ride. If you need a vacation, Traverse City is a great place. :wink:

If I have to take a number to get in line, so be it...
bxp51780.jpg

PaynNSX said:
The MPH record on our dyno is a hair over 200 with a modified, pre-production CTS-V Cadillac.....hmmmmmmmm.

I think that is a record I will have to beat after the break in mileage! The first 1,000 miles are going to be pretty tough

I hope you will keep us informed of how your ownership of such a car goes,ala pulp fiction stories,I'd love to know how the routine maintainance is handled $ wise.

Carguy! said:
I have the greatest wife of all! She just tells me I deserve it and to do it, she actually wanted me to buy a McLaren F1. I think that will be my next car, I wish there was more to choose from though.
Will you adopt me, pleeeeease?

Cat.jpg

Carguy! said:
I might just have to bring it to NSXPO, I am not sure if they let you take other cars out on the track though.
If you bring it to Phoenix, the spare bedroom and single stall in my garage are yours for the asking.
kissass.gif

John,

Congrats!! Would also like to get together with you and Brian when the weather breaks. Maybe we can beat that 130mph we did on those back roads in Lake Orion!! LOL

NeoNSX said:
which community? the "i hate you" community? :D

Mate, I hate hearing people bitch at people who own expensive cars just because they don't own one themselves. We should applaud people who are successful and are enjoying that success. (ok... except those guys on cannonball runs who treat their success like trash :p i dont respect them) If you have the money to buy a CarreraGT then good on you! But please don't drive past the "waiting in line for a ride in your GT" queue. :p :D

This is just an American way of expressing yourself using the complete opposite. Like "COOL" is hot, "HOT" is cool."NO WAY" is yes,"SHUT UP" is go on keep talking,etc. Get it?

Carguy! said:
I just wired the money for the balance of the car and it is being shipped tomorrow and should be here by Wednesday!

The next two days are going to be tough!!!

Well it Thursday.... did you get it yet? :biggrin:

Neo,

very interesting link to the delorean. I was shocked to read the author of that article was from Bridgewater, NJ! I am too young to remember the Delorean dealership here but an interesting fact is that John Delorean was not only an NSX owner, but he serviced his car here at our dealership. Strange but true. :eek:

Well if arrived around 11pm! The guy who drove it up from Kansas City had to wait on Fog, Icy roads, accidents and Chicago traffic.

The car is truly amazing to see in person! I haven't had a chance to drive it because my wifes mom got a very bad case of the flu and she had to take her to the hospital and I was watching my daughters. My wife is supposed to be home soon. I read the entire owners manual last night which only made me crazy not being able to go for a ride.

I am going to take some pictures of it today and post here, does anyone have a site to post high res pictures?

I will post more very soon.

Carguy! said:
I am going to take some pictures of it today and post here, does anyone have a site to post high res pictures?
I can create a login for you to my Smugmug site, where you can upload whatever size you want. Let me know.

Carguy! said:

Or I can host them. I got plenty of space, especially for CGT pics :biggrin:

email them if you want at bm2kboy @aol .com

Carguy! said:
Well if arrived around 11pm! The guy who drove it up from Kansas City had to wait on Fog, Icy roads, accidents and Chicago traffic.

The car is truly amazing to see in person! I haven't had a chance to drive it because my wifes mom got a very bad case of the flu and she had to take her to the hospital and I was watching my daughters. My wife is supposed to be home soon. I read the entire owners manual last night which only made me crazy not being able to go for a ride.

Sweet!! I will make you a page on my business website if you want, and post the pictures there. Just let me know. Congrats!! :D

Carguy! I think you were just spotted lol...I got a text message from my friend who said HIS friend in Rochester was just passed by a Carrera GT :cool:

Carguy! said:
I have the greatest wife of all! She just tells me I deserve it and to do it, she actually wanted me to buy a McLaren F1. I think that will be my next car, I wish there was more to choose from though.

I have a wife just like yours. Now I just have to work out the money part :biggrin: Congratulations on your new car :smile:

AutoEuphoria said:
Carguy! I think you were just spotted lol...I got a text message from my friend who said HIS friend in Rochester was just passed by a Carrera GT :cool:

That is funny, I guess I shouldn't go anywhere I don't want to noticed in this car!

Here are a couple of pictures of it in my garage, I sent some high res ones to 95NSXT. I will post some more low res ones here after I convert them.

Attachments

• Carrera1 (2).jpg
    Carrera1 (2).jpg
    57 KB · Views: 462
  • c2.jpg
    c2.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 443
Carguy! said:
That is funny, I guess I shouldn't go anywhere I don't want to noticed in this car!

Here are a couple of pictures of it in my garage, I sent some high res ones to 95NSXT. I will post some more low res ones here after I convert them.

I pm'ed you all your high res pics. I forgot to mention my hosting fee is letting me borrow the CGT for a month. We'll work those contractual details out later
lookie.gif

:biggrin:

95NSXT said:
I pm'ed you all your high res pics. I forgot to mention my hosting fee is letting me borrow the CGT for a month. We'll work those contractual details out later
lookie.gif

:biggrin:

Thanks for uploading these, draw up a contract and I will look it over. :smile:

Back