• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I Just Saved A Bunch Of Money On My Car Insurance...

22 years old, clean driving record

just found out my upcoming 97 nsx insurance bill for the next 6 months, full coverage, $1000 deductible

$877 :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

how much do you guys pay?

Hey NSXRGuy, since my car is more like a real NSX-R than yours, and I live in S. Cal, I pay a little more than you, not to mention my is an 03....:biggrin:

L O L! That's not bad. I just turned 24, I have one ticket (which will fall off soon) and I pay 140/mo full coverage 500 deduct for my NSX AND my Accord :tongue:

as everybody knows, jersey has one of the highest rates in the country

$877 for my nsx and $330 for my 94 civic is a STEAL!

did you want a cookie?
:tongue:

Congrat!!!

Golf_Trophy.jpg

I just switched my insurance on my cars from Progressive to Costco/Ameriprise and saved close to $1000 for a 6 month policy. I always knew Costco auto insurance was less expensive but they would never cover the NSX... that is, until this year!

I just switched my insurance on my cars from Progressive to Costco/Ameriprise and saved close to $1000 for a 6 month policy. I always knew Costco auto insurance was less expensive but they would never cover the NSX... that is, until this year!

You should have also rec'd a $100-200 Costco cash card as well. I'm with Geico and I pay 900.00 every 6 months for all 4 cars.

just found out my upcoming 97 nsx insurance bill for the next 6 months, full coverage, $1000 deductible

Mines about a third of what you pay with $0 deduct.

Clean driving record

State Farm

jealous?

Mines about a third of what you pay with $0 deduct.

Clean driving record

State Farm

jealous?

I also use State Farm. Pay $56 per month. I do have to provide photos of my car at car shows and pics of mods done to it. The insurance covers my base car + mods. Of course, my car is not a dd so that cut the cost in half.

Without full coverage details (i.e, liability, collison....), it is hard to make a comparison among fellow NSX owners.

I think I'm due for another price reducer in Feb. I think the last time I check, it was post #37 http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90464

$550/yr with american collectors insurance. 6K miles a year limit on the car...which is way more than I put on it anyways.

WUT!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: I need to give these guys a call. I pay about 600 for 6 months with Allstate but I usually have it suspended b/c I only drive about 3 months out of the year and a few thousand miles.

However, if I could pay $550.00 and not be as constrained (Februrary does have 2 or 3 nice days in the month) that would be much better deal.

I'm giving these guys a call!

WUT!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: I need to give these guys a call. I pay about 600 for 6 months with Allstate but I usually have it suspended b/c I only drive about 3 months out of the year and a few thousand miles.

However, if I could pay $550.00 and not be as constrained (Februrary does have 2 or 3 nice days in the month) that would be much better deal.

I'm giving these guys a call!

Its a good deal. I should add my driving record is not what I would call anywhere near perfect.
It was called American Hobbyist Insurance, but just merged with American Collector.
Also I think I put my deductable fairly high, but it was worth it for the amount I save.

Its a good deal. I should add my driving record is not what I would call anywhere near perfect.
It was called American Hobbyist Insurance, but just merged with American Collector.
Also I think I put my deductable fairly high, but it was worth it for the amount I save.

What is your Deductable? Do they cover your liability also?

thanks

I pay about half that. .

Mine is about $960 for the YEAR with a $500 deductible for my NSX.

Have the same coverage for my Mazdaspeed3 and the total yearly cost, for both vehicles, is $1616 for full coverage (it's $100k bodily/$300k occurrence/$100k property) with $500 deductible for both with Comp and Collision. Also have Uninsured/underinsured protection of $30k person/$60k occurrence.

I have Wawanesa Insurance and have an accident on my record. I also live in Southern California.

Last edited:
Hapa 88, Adrian
I have same coverage with Allstate $600/year.

Price quoted for me through Allstate "Silver" plan was $1,361.28 for 6 months for the exact same coverage as my Wawanesa plan!!!!:eek:
The "Platinum" rate was $1565.62 for 6 months.

With my Mazdaspeed3 the total premium was quoted at $2003.27 for 6 months or $4006.54 for the year for Silver plan(or $4590.82 for the Platinum plan)! :eek::eek::eek:

Guess it's still Wawanesa FTW for me by a landslide!!

Last edited:
Back