• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I just stole a 98 NSX!

Ok, i didn't steal it, but at the price I got it for, it sure feels like it! Its a 98 NSX with less than 30K miles, pristine condition, for $42,000. It is a beautiful car! I can't believe I didn't get it earlier! Now all I need to find out is what are the tricks and tips to take care of this baby! If anybody knows of a good leather conditioner to maintain the seats and dash, please let me know!

Congrat's and welcome to the cult of ownership.

Almost all of your questions will be answered by spending a bit of time puruising the FAQ section of this board.

Lexol is a great product... but be careful about how much and how hard you use it. I've found that aggressive use on my camel interior will actually take some of the dye out of the seats.

Zymol makes great products that smell better than Lexol and are specifically designed for the car. You might want to do a search and investigate that a bit more.

Finally, be advised that the dash isn't leather (it's just a nicer vinyl/plastic with stitching to make it look like leather) so using Lexol on the dash probably isn't the best idea.

Again, welcome and let's see some pic's.

Most cars at that price have either frame damage or a large accident. Hopefully you ran your carfax and had it well inspected.

Or the owner really needed to get rid of it.

Oh i ran it all, and had it inspected at a local dealership. I just got lucky and got a fantastic deal. I can probably drive it for two years and sell it at the same price, hopefully!

Thanks for all the tips guys, I look forward to babying the car and enjoying the hell out of the ride. Any of you folks from Texas let's hook up.

wow somehow this guy didn't get flamed for being 'scammed'.... I'm sure if I posted something like this I'd be on fire....lol

Cant wait to see the pics bro good luck w/ her.....

Electro said:
wow somehow this guy didn't get flamed for being 'scammed'.... I'm sure if I posted something like this I'd be on fire....lol

Only if you bought a 02 for $25K with less than 20K miles :wink: :biggrin:

Electro said:

I can believe a 98 for 42K that is rare but, early this year my friend here in south cali bought his 91 in great condition for 18K. BTW i can still run that carfax for you :smile:

CarbonNSX said:
I can believe a 98 for 42K that is rare but, early this year my friend here in south cali bought his 91 in great condition for 18K. BTW i can still run that carfax for you :smile:

CarbonNSX yes I would be very grateful if u did that for me! heh cant wait to find out whats up w/ that car..... (re: 2002 for $25k not your NSX 'whatisreal7) :D

whatisreal7 said:
If anybody knows of a good leather conditioner to maintain the seats and dash, please let me know!

I swear by this stuff. I use it on my Leather seats and on my motorcycle leathers. email them to find a US dealer. If they cannot ship to the US I can get some for you and ship it to you.

http://www.crc-canada.ca/Default.aspx?tabid=134

Back