• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I knew this day would come......

Its time to sell the NSX and move on.........

She has to go.............

That's it I can't handle it anymore.............

I got the call last night that pushed me over the edge..........

The only good NSX tech in Michigan is leaving us, Devin is moving on to bigger and better things. :frown:
I don't blame him at all, after the break in at Payn he lost over 25 grand in tools. To top that off they stole parts for his NSX, including AEM and BBSC parts. The Insurance company hasn't helped out, and the owner of Payn is dragging his feet.
With all those problems I would have packed up and moved on a long time ago, but Devin stuck it out so he could help the other techs at Payn.

Devin is going to work for...............(drum roll please)........ AEM!

His new title is AEM east coast geek. lol

He will be travailing all over the east coast as an AEM rep, for product and tuning support.
This is good news for the east coast and the NSX community as a whole, but bad news for us Michigan folk.

Congrats to Devin...............now who want's to buy a slightly used NSX? :biggrin:

Hi

Both good and bad. Devin has a new job thats good. You out of your techguy is not good.

Your kidding right? You are not selling your NSX? :eek:

Have'nt you been representing the NSX community in those Players Runs or am I wrong? You would not go over to the dark side would you and buy a F-car? :rolleyes:

Regards

prova4re said:
His new title is AEM east coast geek. lol

He will be travailing all over the east coast as an AEM rep, for product and tuning support.
This is good news for the east coast and the NSX community as a whole, but bad news for us Michigan folk.

Congrats to Devin...............now who want's to buy a slightly used NSX? :biggrin:

Yay! for us east coasters! :) Suckers! for you midwesterners! :D

I agree about the Players Run - who's gonna step up and represent the NSX?
You'll still post videos in Off Topic won't you? :wink:

First question for new AEM rep. Will the AEM work with a 95? Is it OBD2 compatible. I had heard that they had a solution.

martin said:
Hi

Both good and bad. Devin has a new job thats good. You out of your techguy is not good.

Your kidding right? You are not selling your NSX? :eek:

Have'nt you been representing the NSX community in those Players Runs or am I wrong? You would not go over to the dark side would you and buy a F-car? :rolleyes:
Regards

Yes I would. :eek:
I have been playing on the dark side for quite some time now.
IMG_0023.jpg

Don't worry I will be going on the Players Run again this year with my NSX, only this time I want to make sure that I don't break down, so Devin is going with me. :smile:

beeker16 said:
You'll still post videos in Off Topic won't you? :wink:

And I didn't think anyone read or watched my post's. :smile:

NetViper said:
First question for new AEM rep. Will the AEM work with a 95? Is it OBD2 compatible. I had heard that they had a solution.
Yeah Devin give up the goods.

Last edited:
prova4re said:

Are you kidding me? You always post the best videos. I always look forward to seeing them. Thanks for everything and good luck with your future endeavor. Your NSX was/is beautiful.

Sorry to hear that Devin is leaving Payne Tech. :frown: but I guess its for the better! :smile: so Congrats Devin!

Hey Brian,

Thanks for sharing the good/bad news.. :biggrin: ..Do u know devin's last day at PayneTech?
By the way that's a nice yellow toy :wink: !

Tuesday is his last day.

TigerNSX said:
Are you kidding me? You always post the best videos. I always look forward to seeing them. Thanks for everything and good luck with your future endeavor. Your NSX was/is beautiful.

Thanks. :smile:
I am not going anywhere, I plan to take my car on the run if no one has bought it by then.

Last edited:
The videos are great.
I guess video king would be your unofficial title. :biggrin:

So I guess we'll be seeing you on f-chat?

beeker16 said:
So I guess we'll be seeing you on f-chat?

No way, I have been there as long as I have been here, I don't post there much.
There are a few too many kids who want to know where you live, what you do etc....
There is no other forum like this one! :cool:

Juice said:
All I have to say is: "Shit."
That's a first.......you at a loss for words. :biggrin:

prova4re said:
Yes I would. :eek:
I have been playing on the dark side for quite some time now.
IMG_0023.jpg

Don't worry I will be going on the Players Run again this year with my NSX, only this time I want to make sure that I don't break down, so Devin is going with me. :smile:

Hi

Players run very nice and let those cameras rolling you hear! :)

About the F-car..nice but it kind of look like a huge yellow soap on a rope :biggrin:

Not a bad thing thoug :wink:

Regards

This news has had me in a funk all week. I have been dealing with Devin for about nine months now and he had been a joy to work with on my "phase I" upgrades. I couldn't ask for a better customer experience. I am ready now for $18K worth of "phase II" upgrades and the bomb gets dropped by Devin earlier this week. Like most of the posts here, I am really happy for Devin personally, but from my own selfish standpoint, my guts have been ripped wide open.

Since none of the work is engine invasive, Devin has recommended I still go through with the work(Fikse wheels, Bridgestone SO3's, Stop Tech racing brakes, RPS dual fiber clutch, Tein suspension, Odyssey lightweight battery, remove the engine cover, fluid changes, exterior detailing(byAuto Appreciation in Birmingham - and what an awesome job they do!), etc. My future plans for "phase III" are now on hold. We need a trusted adviser like Devin who balances our thirst for better performance with real world experience along with a desire not to pick our pockets. I really don't want to drive a couple hours away to find someone else, but perhaps that is our only option.

Brian - you are a very crazy man.

There ARE good NSX techs in the area. Dan Lynch at Payn is one of the only guys I trust with wrenches. Not to mention, one of the best engine builders around who has a great deal of experience now with the C30 and C32 is Jim Elkins (the engine builder from Payn).

Just to clarify...the numbers mentioned are flipped a bit. I lost all my tools in the theft, but definitely not even close to $25,000 worth. The parts that walked away are what really nailed me. When you add up a sleeved C30 block, a supercharger, a big brake kit, race pistons, and (enter lots more nice parts here), it doesn't take long to hit a nice fat total. Hopefully, the insurance will come through someday.

The bottom line is that everyone involved after the theft got screwed big time - the owner, the employees, and the customers (major inconvenience). I can’t tell you how much the NSX community has helped out after the loss. One of the only reasons Dan and Jim have tools to work with is because of the contributions from many NSX Prime members – 100% of every donation went to them directly. Thank you!

I am leaving because AEM offered me a great opportunity. They are an amazing company with awesome people and an exciting vision. I hope that I can contribute to the NSX community in many ways and look forward to staying in touch with everyone.

I have made a ton of great friends here.

-Devin

PS Sorry there is not an OBDII EMS solution yet.

A couple of hours? I think you are being generous as the next closest tuner for the NSX lies in Las Vegas now. I will seek out Barn Man for my future work, but Devin was going to be my FI guy when the time came. Guess I waited too long.

Juice said:
A couple of hours? I think you are being generous as the next closest tuner for the NSX lies in Las Vegas now.
That depends on what you mean by "tuner".

The nice folks at Acura of Brookfield, outside Milwaukee, have tons of experience with aftermarket modifications (as well as stock NSXs and drivetrains). They've installed over 30 Comptech superchargers and half a dozen Basch superchargers, just for example. It's around 350 miles and 5.5 hours if you drive through Chicago NOT in rush hour (feel free to stop and visit!), fewer miles but the same amount of time (regardless of rush hour) plus the passenger ($50 each way) and car ($59) fares if you take the ferry.

Another place with lots of experience with aftermarket mods, that is not too much further for Juice (although significantly further for Detroit area folks) is Davis Acura outside Philadelphia.

In retrospect, I think the fact that Devin is moving on is a big deal as well here.

I have no experience whatsoever with Devin or Payn Technologies, but I'll take a minute here to stop and say congratulations to Devin on the offer he has accepted and wish him well as he moves on to bigger things.

Thank you for all your contributions to the NSX community!
Good luck Devin!

trbocivicwrx said:
well there is ONE option... :p

best of luck to devin of course...

I am sure everyone here knows what the option's of OBDII are available by now, what Devin is trying to say is there is no official AEM OBDII EMS solution available yet.
AEM is rumored to be working with one, I don't thing they are ready to release any info on it yet. Sure there are other companies with a solution, but we are talking about AEM.

Ken
There is a big difference in a tech vs a tuner, anyone can bolt on a BBSC or Comptech SC, that does not make them a tuner.

martin
Soap on a rope.........LOL! :biggrin:

Hey Devin
you need to change your sig to AEM GEEK. :tongue:

Last edited:
sorry that Im not up on what is or isnt COMMON knowledge.

I just know first hand what the option is... Its me you dope... Yoni.

LOL!!!
Are you volunteering too do the back date again? :biggrin:
Fill in your sig you troll, so we know who were talking too. :tongue: :wink:

I should have known it was you by these imaginary numbers in you sig. :eek:
93 civicSI 10.2 @ 147

Last edited:
prova4re said:
There is a big difference in a tech vs a tuner, anyone can bolt on a BBSC or Comptech SC, tat does not make them a tuner.
I already know that. However, it is clear from your post that you're not at all familiar with the capabilities at Acura of Brookfield. Try calling John Vasos, their Director of Service and Parts, at 800-383-3936, and discussing your needs as well as their experience at tuning the electronics and other components for the NSX and other cars, at building race cars (including fabrication of components), etc. You will find that they have far, far more expertise than a place that simply bolts things on. (The same is true of Davis Acura.) While I respect Devin and the other folks at Payn (and have recommended them here to Michigan owners), I highly doubt that there is anything that they have already done, that has not also been done by Acura of Brookfield. Don't assume that they're "just like any other Acura dealer". They're not.

nsxtasy said:
That depends on what you mean by "tuner".

The nice folks at Acura of Brookfield, outside Milwaukee, have tons of experience with aftermarket modifications.

Your the one implying that they are not a tuner by making this statement. Your right I don't know them, just like you don't know Devin.
While it would be fun to sit here and disagree with you, (again) this thread was meant to say good bye and congrats to Devin in his new job.
Not to compare who is the better tech/tuner.

Back