• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I like your VIPER...

I know a lot of us get "nice corvette," but have you ever heard... "I like your Viper."

I was approached by a woman at the gym in her late 40's who told me that she really likes my viper. She went on to say that she knows about the car because her son has one... interesting that she'd make that mistake.

I'm can only assume that her son drives a red viper and she saw a unique car and thought it was the same... :confused: .

Either way, I've gotten Ferrari A LOT of times and "new Corvette" once, but never Viper... just thought I'd share. :biggrin:

A yound boy scout came to my house and sold me some popcorns for fundraising and as he was leaving. He said"That's a nice camaro you got. Sir" I just about told hime to cancel my order and give me money back, instead I told him " It's an ACURA" He just looked at me with :confused: .

ferrari mostly....and 1-time, it was a lambo.... :biggrin:

My neighbor of 2 years still calls mine a Nissan 300XZ! :eek:

liftshard said:
Huh...I've never had anyone here confuse it w/ a Vette.
The kid that mistook my NSX for a corvette was 9. Otherwise I've never had anybody tell me that they thought my car was a vette, but A LOT of other members on prime get it all the time!

liftshard said:
Where do you guys live, in under rocks?!?!
I live in the same state that Science of Speed and Mark Basch call home. :wink:

T-Med said:
Maybe she wasn't talking about your car. :tongue: :tongue:
:biggrin: LOL :biggrin: - I hope she was... I'm about half her age! :eek:

Most people call it a Ferrari.

The dumbest thing I ever heard is when someone asked if my 03 Viper SRT-10 was the new, Camaro? I stood back and looked at it......It does resemble a Camaro SS from straight front view. Arrrghh. :mad: I sold it the next week.

redshift said:
I know a lot of us get "nice corvette," but have you ever heard... "I like your Viper."

I was approached by a woman at the gym in her late 40's who told me that she really likes my viper. She went on to say that she knows about the car because her son has one... interesting that she'd make that mistake.

I'm can only assume that her son drives a red viper and she saw a unique car and thought it was the same... :confused: .

Either way, I've gotten Ferrari A LOT of times and "new Corvette" once, but never Viper... just thought I'd share. :biggrin:

LOL :biggrin: :biggrin:

I had my new (to me) red NSX home for less than a day when I experienced my first "mis-identification". I was sitting at a stop light when a group of 10-12 yr olds stopped in their bmx tracks to gawk. The first kid "whoaaa - look at that Corvette!" the other: "Dude, I know my cars, that's not a Corvette.... it's a Ferrari, trust me". I'd love to say that I finished their conversation by yelling "It's a Honda" but I was too caught up in the moment - knowing that this car-genius thought that my new car was a Ferrari :cool:

Got Maserati once...yuck. :mad:

Get Corvette now and again...yuck yuck :mad: :frown:

Ferrari more often than anything.

I have the JDM "H" lights, and people are beside themself thinking it's a gag or I'm making fun of ricers or something :rolleyes: It IS a Honda, I say, to which they reply, "but I thought Acura made the NSX??" :confused: :confused: WOW.

I was participating in a car show (where i was the only non-american car) and had a guy with a Hummer parked next to mine say 'nice vette'. there were vetts everywhere, i guess he didn't notice that the two cars were different. i was going to say 'nice jeep' :).

worst one i got was trying to get a room at a booked hotel and two women on the staff came out to tell me we could sleep in a conference room (!!!!) and one of them commented 'that looks like at outdated mustang'. that hurt and my friend frielnd that was with me at the time still calls it my 'outdated mustang'. we stayed elsewhere :).

Back