• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I miss the 70's

Stu-Disco.jpg

I miss the music of the 70's.......Earth , Wind and Fire, Commodores, Confunkshun, GQ, Gap band, Bee Gees........hey even Kiss...ha haaha

The 70's???
What an awful time...
The clothes were bad (polyester leisure suits), the cars were slow, lousy-handling behemoths that got crappy mileage, and the economy was in the toilet (anyone remember the "misery index" and "stagflation" and gas lines/rationing?), the politics were bad with Jimmy Carter, and on top of all that, the country was demoralized from Vietnam and Watergate.

And there was the 55 mph national speed limit!!!
I was driving a 1968 912 with a bumper sticker that said " I'm saving gas".
Remember even and odd days based on your licenes plate that you could buy gas? Oh yea..Free Love was happening too!!!

The 70's???
What an awful time...
The clothes were bad (polyester leisure suits), the cars were slow, lousy-handling behemoths that got crappy mileage, and the economy was in the toilet (anyone remember the "misery index" and "stagflation" and gas lines/rationing?), the politics were bad with Jimmy Carter, and on top of all that, the country was demoralized from Vietnam and Watergate.

The 70's had its share of highlights. Star Wars put smiles on our faces again and Honda's introduction of CVCC technology in their Civics pioneered the Green movement. :)

The music imo, was the best part. I love most if not all of the Classic and Progressive Rock from the era (Mr. Boston/Brad Delp may you RIP :( ). Anyone here Genesis fans? Ver. Gabriel was great, but the Collins Era was the best.

Hey Nick, sorry I can't agree with you, I wasn't around in the 70's! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Btw, someone still owes me Sushi! haha :tongue:

I wish I grew up in the 70's! You know I agree with you on that one, Nick!!! I'm back in Nam', man!

The 70's were cool. I saw Pink Floyd do Dark Side of the Moon at radio city, New York in 1973. You can still see it today as Roger Waters is going on tour now. Anyway you can't go back. Hope we all learned from our past mistakes and don't keep repeating them.

Back