• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I think a Melbourne meet is well overdue!?

Interested in a Winter Melbourne Meet/Greet with Drive After?

• I'm in it for sure (weather needs to be fine)

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Depends on which side of Melbourne

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Would like to come but too busy

• Sorry, my baby is hibernating

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hello fellow Melburnians!!!

Judging by the history of threads for Melbourne meets, it looks like it's overdue.

I know we're about to hit Winter and nice weekends are few and far between (I know there are some NSXs that won't go out in the rain, mine also).................but I reckon we should make a shot at getting together in the next month or so.

It seems there may be more NSX owners in recent times?

Weather pending:

1) Are you interested in catching up this time of year?

2) If so, which weekends in the next month are ok for you?

3) Where is a good meet up point and cruise drive (Healesville, Blackspur, Reefton, Marysville????)?

Michael.

Very keen to catch up. I am free most weekends, don't mind to drive to either side of Melbourne (i believe that more are on the east side though).

Always a tricky one on what route to take, i would suggest Reefton from a personal perspective.

Andrew.

Hi Michael,

I'm available most weekends, although that being said, I have footy every second Sunday and you might struggle to get me out if Carlton is playing!!! So between all of that, whatever date suits everybody else I will try and make it - weather permitting!!!

I would also suggest Reefton Spur is the best option.

All the best,

David

Hello fellow Melburnians!!!

Judging by the history of threads for Melbourne meets, it looks like it's overdue.

I know we're about to hit Winter and nice weekends are few and far between (I know there are some NSXs that won't go out in the rain, mine also).................but I reckon we should make a shot at getting together in the next month or so.

It seems there may be more NSX owners in recent times?

Weather pending:

1) Are you interested in catching up this time of year?

2) If so, which weekends in the next month are ok for you?

3) Where is a good meet up point and cruise drive (Healesville, Blackspur, Reefton, Marysville????)?

Michael.

You are quite right, I havent actually been on an NSX only drive since i have owned mine, although that is not very long.

To answer your questions:

1) Yes very interested, I dont think interest is the problem, lets just organize a time well in advance for everyone to make sure they are free.

2) well next month probably doesn't suit but the following month anytime does, hell, ill take the day off work if i get enough notice.

3) And in regards to where, well.....wherever is the driest, blackspur and healsville are always so damp, thats not to say that I dont like those roads, they are extremely fun, but being winter it would just make those roads even more slippery.

Good response so far all! :)

Anything more than one would be fun................

I'll leave this going for a week and then let's organise.

Partner/Friend welcome too! ;)

Hi All,
definately interested in a run, my personal veiw is that Reefton is too well known , there are some very good roads from my way (ST ANDREWS) to Healesville and back, Personnally I don't mind driving my NSX in the rain, after all it's not made out of dodgie Russian steel and any drive in an NSX is a good one! Also happy to go (if can do) on little notice
Cheers Owen.

The stars and my bank balance haven't aligned yet, so I don't own an NSX (hopefully soon though), however I'd love to tag-along, get to know a few people and do a bit of drooling.

Thanks Lynton

Last edited:
Hi Michael,

To good to be true, love to join in for a pleasent NSX drive anywhere.
Live on the east side as well and i'm sure the NSX won't mind a bit of rain.
Best for me in July.

Best Wishes,

IAN94.

Loving the enthusiam! :)

Here is what the circuit the VW club does, they start off in Gembrook and head to Healesville with the extra bit to Kinglake as optional.

I don't know if the whole route is sealed which obviously is a must. ;)

cruiseroute2large.jpg

Last edited:
Michael,

That's a pretty long drive and I'm tipping it would take almost a full day. Keeping in mind some people would have a reasonable drive to get there in the first place, perhaps we could come up with various times that people could meet at different places?

As you mentioned, you could also take the Old Healesville Road and come back through Yarra Glen, which would chop about an hour off the drive. They are certainly all good roads and to the best of my knowledge they are all sealed, so I doubt that would be an issue.

Anyway, I'm happy to go with the flow!

All the best,

David

Yeah, it looks like a pretty long drive. The VW group meet up at Knox City and then go from there to Gembrook.

Since there hasn't been a Melbourne meet for a while...........looks like a decent drive should be on the cards.....haha.

Open to other suggestions and and others assisting with organising............especially to those that 'know' the roads and other routes. :)

I have done that drive 2-3 times with a bunch of s2000's from s2ki, very nice, very long, and yes deffinately a full day, we usually meet up around 8am, and dont finish up till at least 3-4.

I'll be down in August from about the 8th for a little bit. Smashing Pumpkins concert in Melbourne on the 9th and I want to make a few days of it while I'm down there. If you guys plan to do a run around that time, I'd love to tag along in someones car if there was a spare seat available :smile:

FWIW over the last 7 odd yrs I’ve been involved in NSX and Exotic car runs from short last minute runs to 2-3 day away events in Tassie and the NT. Here’s my thoughts on organising week-end car runs.

• Organise a run and they will come - frequency is the key there will never be a perfect date for everyone.

• Keep the runs short and early - we are all busy with work, family, social life its hard to pull 6-7 hrs out of a week-end just for a car run (your partners wont give you grief if its only a couple of hours)

• Start early - we normally meet at 6.15am (summer) 7.15am (winter) and launch 15mins later. We are off the road for coffee/breakfast around 8.30-9.00am (summer) depending on the run/route. After 8.00am there’s too much traffic and attention from the authorities.

• Keep the route secret – no need letting the world (cops) know what you are doing. In the 15mins before we launch we decide on the route as a group so no-one has pre knowledge of the run route.

• If you don’t have a private forum to organise your runs then start a database with attendee’s mobile numbers or emails to send details. We sometimes public post an upcoming run date to let everyone know then organise everything in private.

The group I’m involved with are fortunate to have a private forum section to chat about stuff we don’t want Joe public to know about. This chat is not just for organising runs but all sorts of topics that are for invite only discussions. Adelaide is also unique that within a couple of minutes from the eastern suburbs we are in driving nirvana (Adelaide hills) so we can drive for a couple of hours, have a chat over brekkie then be home again before the wife is awake.

We have a run on once or twice a month so if you cant make one there’s another not far away. As for the park and chat about your rides we leave that to the end then you can leave or stay as long as you want. We usually stop a couple of times during the run to stretch the legs, take a leak and a few pics.

Last edited:
Your right about keeping things secrect as we all know the internet has EARS:wink:
I think we know each other NSX SA or know of each other.

Your right about keeping things secrect as we all know the internet has EARS:wink:
I think we know each other NSX SA or know of each other.

I'm quite imfamous (more famous -Three Amigos)

Ok, I know I've been slack (too much stuff recently going on with my NSX)...

I think the best approach with this time of year is to look at the weather forecast a week before a Sat or Sun and organise. We then check forecase a few days beforehand to see if it's still a good day.

Let's aim to get together every 2 months?

I'll post back again when there's a good weekend forecasted..........Let's see how next weekend shapes up early next week.

Back