• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I think I will have to sell my car :(

I really want to sell my RSX but I have soooooo much into it I just can't find the courage....

I know exactly how you are feeling :frown:

what are your pros and cons?

I recently sold my S2k CR. That was my third S2k since 2001 and I was having problem pulling the trigger. The funny thing is, I really don't miss it.

When I get the itch for a little speed, I simply jump into my NSX and go for a ride.

The question for you is, do you have a substitude?

what are your pros and cons?

Pros about selling : I'll be out of the country for 18 months aprox for Work and doesnt mame sense tò leave it in the garage. Don't have substitute because won't need it for the next 18 months

Cons about selling: it will be difficult to find another 95 NSX even with the amount of miles 178k for the price that I paid or that I will sell without accidents ....

Don't sell it, unless you need the cash, think about it, 18 MONTHS are @ least 10K miles, which means you not only going to give your NSX a little break .. but also make the miles more average, then after some years, if you take it easy, your price might be the SAME as you paid, if not better, not bad for an investment if you think about you'll have such AWESOME looking car there, waiting for you, like a HOT WOMAN! :)

Oscar

let it sit in the garage for 18 months with a battery tender, write down the mileage and have a friend stop by twice a month and have them start it and let it idle for 30 minutes to keep her alive.

I dont consider my first car a 1993 Accord or my 1st NSX assets that can be sold. they are like a coin that is passed down from generations and is to never be sold. pretend you dont have an NSX so your brain cant use it as something you can make money off of. they dont exist

my college car ( 93 accord )as beat up and rusty as it is will be sold after I die.
the amount of girls that were in that back seat is priceless. all I have to do is sit in the car and think of that dent in the headliner was from Sarah's high heels in the missionary postion.

Dont sell find a way to keep in.

let it sit in the garage for 18 months with a battery tender, write down the mileage and have a friend stop by twice a month and have them start it and let it idle for 30 minutes to keep her alive.

I dont consider my first car a 1993 Accord or my 1st NSX assets that can be sold. they are like a coin that is passed down from generations and is to never be sold. pretend you dont have an NSX so your brain cant use it as something you can make money off of. they dont exist

my college car ( 93 accord )as beat up and rusty as it is will be sold after I die.
the amount of girls that were in that back seat is priceless. all I have to do is sit in the car and think of that dent in the headliner was from Sarah's high heels in the missionary postion.

Man, you keep me laughing and entertained - you are a certifiable nut! LOL hahhaahhahahaha. You so Craaaaaazy!

Youth - gotta love it....where the hell do you keep all these cars you have dude....it's gonna start looking like an auto repair shop at your place. I hope your new wife doesn't read Prime.....:biggrin:

Ok, now that I've stopped laughing....let me say this to the OP. I have been there and am there right now. I have mine listed and it was hard to do it and I've gone thru a lot of soul searching on that. Everyone's situation is different - I know mine is - I feel that I must do something because I want to attain something - paying off my house and I'm close.

I worry that I will not only miss my car but I won't be able to replace it - these cars with low mileage in my case are getting rare. The higher mileage ones that have been painstakingly brought back after deffered maintenance or not - are great cars and if you got a great deal - what the heck - why sell it just cause you'll be gone for 18 months.

Life is short but only you know you're real situation. There may be something you think you'll gain by selling? No one knows all that but you really. I hope you make the right decision and have no regrets later....

Pros about selling : I'll be out of the country for 18 months aprox for Work and doesnt mame sense tò leave it in the garage. Don't have substitute because won't need it for the next 18 months

Cons about selling: it will be difficult to find another 95 NSX even with the amount of miles 178k for the price that I paid or that I will sell without accidents ....

Dude keep it.

I live in Dubai and have had my NSX in storage for a year, got to drive it for two solid weeks straight and now its back into storage for who knows how long. Its not as bad as you think and like you said it will be tough finding another well kept, to your spec, NSX.

U have a '95 NSX?

My condolences. All the ones I've raced and driven just seems to be sooo slow. Something about that first year OBD-2 that just doesn't seem right......

.....my college car ( 93 accord )as beat up and rusty as it is will be sold after I die.
the amount of girls that were in that back seat is priceless. all I have to do is sit in the car and think of that dent in the headliner was from Sarah's high heels in the missionary postion.....

the back seat of ur accord must be a DNA crime scene with all of ur mummified tadpoles......

Ok, now that I've stopped laughing....let me say this to the OP. I have been there and am there right now. I have mine listed and it was hard to do it and I've gone thru a lot of soul searching on that. Everyone's situation is different - I know mine is - I feel that I must do something because I want to attain something - paying off my house and I'm close.

I worry that I will not only miss my car but I won't be able to replace it - these cars with low mileage in my case are getting rare. The higher mileage ones that have been painstakingly brought back after deffered maintenance or not - are great cars and if you got a great deal - what the heck - why sell it just cause you'll be gone for 18 months.

Life is short but only you know you're real situation. There may be something you think you'll gain by selling? No one knows all that but you really. I hope you make the right decision and have no regrets later....

I hear you!! The thing that i might go to anOther place if everything goes well and here in Houston I'm renting and my house is in Miami... So I can't leave it here because I will have to end the lease... Taking it to Miami it's a possibility but the thing is that I bought the car to drive it, I'm not to fond to have only the memory of it when I'm overseas LOL

Nevertheless it was my first NSX that I drove and I didn't know if I would like it so I didn't want to spend close to 50k in the NSX that I really want a 97+ white or blue ;) so I've being daily driving this one since February and brought it from Orlando driving it and two weeks ago went to El Paso in it and it was a blast . I know I have to sell it it just that for some reason I'm hesitating !!!

Pretty sure someone can store it for you in TX, I may be able to store it next to mine. What insurance company do you have?

Things like this is what makes me want to keep the car, not only we have a special car but the owners are special as well :)

i have Geico btw...... I talked to someone at work that lives in a big house and told me to leave it there as well..... thanks for the offer !!!!!!

Well after consulting with GF and talking to my boss about length of possible stay outside of country decided to sell,,,, will lost sales tread today

Thanks to all of you for your input

but I cant seem to get the courage to start the "for sale" tread LOL

Anyone else debate for days before posting the "for sale" tread?

I know how you feel. A few months ago I sold my 1996 Acura Integra GS-R that I bought brand new September 30, 1996 with 199 miles on the odometer. I had it 'for sale' for 4 years because I rarely drove it (500 miles or so per year for the last 10 years), and was asking top dollar for it because it only had about 50k total miles, and well over $15k in top shelf parts on it, along with ALL of the OEM stuff. Eventually I had someone who appreciated it buy the car from me. Let's just say, it was an emotional day when that car left after 15 years of owership. :(

I am sorry you have to sell it. The red seats and wheels sold it for me. Reminded me of Vance car which I love to duplicate!!!! However, I am not in the position to buy and I am not in the country anymore:) Wish I got the money and put it in the shop somewhere......by the time I got back, it will be cute again :)

Well after consulting with GF and talking to my boss about length of possible stay outside of country decided to sell,,,, will lost sales tread today

Sorry to hear, hope you can find one to your standards in the future.

USAA insurance has a storage option which cuts your insurance by more then a third and still keeps you covered.

Last edited:

Hi are you still selling? Tried calling you and shot you a PM, let me know...

I was also thinking about selling my NSX to upgrade, but now it's going back to storage so I will see the car next year.

Im on like my 14th accord 4th Gen accord, memories with the accords where priceless. I just couldn't get rid of the accords.

Find another way to keep the car.

Bryan

Back