• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I went to track and ran a 10.521 at 126.26

I went to Captiol Raceway this Saturday and had 3 runs in the NSX. 2 runs on just turbo's which yielded 12.46 at 115.3 and ran a last run with the 150 shot of NOS also. Here are the results

R/t .596
60' 1.390
330 4.252
1/8 6.651
MPH 102.13
1000 8.738
1/4 10.521
MPH 126.26

I used slicks and it was about 55 degrees, perfect turbo racing. I wanted to see what the car could do before dropping it off for sale at my friends dealership. Thanks to Gerry Johnson....:D

No wonder you didn't join us yesterday! We would loved to have you there but I guess you had better reason! :) Good times...

...absolutely awesome performance! Nice to see a mid-atlantic guy (MD/VA/DC) pumping out times like that!!:D I'm in MD also and always wanted to get a closer look/ride in your car up close.

Incidentally, why are u selling it ? Just bored and looking for another project ? Different ride ? etc....?

--- Kevin

PS: I KNOW there's some really mean Vipers up near your way...especially with Heffners performance pratically being in your backyard and all....THATS not why you are selling it are you !?!? :eek: :eek:

omg

your 60' time is off the hook....

that amazing ...what mods have you got in your to gets a run in like that..

tire size and boost pressure?

thanks for proving that the X can race down a straight as well as take corners...

NO, I am trying to free up some equity to start an insurance agency. In the spring I will either buy a Diablo or a Lotus Esprit, depending on my income at the time. I am not a big Viper fan, they are fast but not attractive to me.

Slicks make all the difference in the 60' times. I dumped the clutch at 4500 and barely spun tires.

Just last night I was thinking that probably the best ET you can get with a 125mph trap speed is about 10.5 sec. And with your 60' and 1/8th mile times, I'd say you have nailed it.

Awesome!

BTW, how does the chassis stand up to that kind of stress?

60' is absolutely awesome! My car runs the same MPH but I've never run it on slicks and can't get it to hook on drag radials.

Congrats on the great time!

Can you post some pics up of your turbo setup? I would love to see it :)

96blknsx said:
maybe because of that extra 150 HP?

:rolleyes:

i am saying that a built motor with turbo's should be trapping over 115... i would expect a 125 mph trap speed on boost alone...

with turbo's and a built bottom end 150 hp is attainable via race gas and a few more psi...no NOS required

robiferretti said:
:rolleyes:

i am saying that a built motor with turbo's should be trapping over 115... i would expect a 125 mph trap speed on boost alone...

with turbo's and a built bottom end 150 hp is attainable via race gas and a few more psi...no NOS required

A built engine alone does not get you big hp or high trap speeds, it's what you do to that built motor. For example, he may only be running 6lbs of boost on turbos alone. This would be a very streetable setup and the 150shot of nitrous only comes out in racing scenarios.

i understand this, my question is why build a bottom end and run 6 lbs of boost? you build a motor for 30 lbs a boost you should atleast run 20-25 in race conditions (if you want to be safe) and 15 for normal driving.

Sig said:
This would be a very streetable setup and the 150shot of nitrous only comes out in racing scenarios.
Very true. Although, anyone that's riden with Rob knows that the nitrous get fired up everytime he goes out on the road, not just for racing. LOL He goes through more bottles than anyone I know.

I only run 10 to 11lbs of boost. You can run 25psi, if you want to snap your axles everytime you get into heavy boost. The compression was lowered also, that alone will make you loose HP. I run the dual aerodynes and don't want to break them. If I went to a single I could go about 16 or 17 psi. No higher than that. I prefer to use the NOS when racing. I usually only run a 100 shot, because on street tires it will smoke the tires at 70MPH when kicking it in. I prefer to run the NOS, it is more fun to me.

Rob

Back