• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ideas on A/C Motor blower/CCU functions

I just replaced the A/C/Heater blower motor myself (PITA) and I still do not have fan speed. Everything else works and all the moveable parts are functioning on the motor, when you use the defrost, floor, ac kicks on....but no wind, I purchased another motor hoping that would do the trick, and it seems to be something else. Could it be my CCU unit, am I needing to change a fuse? Baffled and need help.

The controls seem to work properly except the fan speed. The gates open on the blower motor, the mechanism for the floor fan opens. It all seems to work except the actual speed of the blower. Briank, if you think my problem is the board or the entire ccu piece, let me know, and I will send it to you.

Brian- It doesn't run on high, I tried turning slow, fast, auto, talking to it, it just seems to not be running. It seems to cool the air if I have it on fresh air mode (where air from outside the cabin comes in) and also warm it...it is very slight, and doesn't seem to have any power at all as far as the amount of air being produced.

The problem happened one evening when I had my heat on, and all of the sudden, it just shut off...not the head unit, the fan just quit blowing.

I put the new motor in, and it's the same thing.
Could a aftermarket headunit produce enough heat to cause a problem?

Drives me nuts when people don't follow through and post what their problems was.......

Back