• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Iforged

Has anyone used these wheels?
I would like to get some feedback from someone about Fitment,Quality, Customer ect.
I have racing hart m5's 18x8 and 19x9.5's that I am going to get rid of for 18's all around. It will take 4 to 6 weeks to get the wheels from them. The materials and quality look to be on par with HRE's. Pictures can be different than actual merchandise. If anyone has any input let me know. (Here or Privately)http://www.iforged.com/images/aero3.jpg

Thanks
Len

[This message has been edited by len3.8 (edited 07 January 2003).]

[This message has been edited by len3.8 (edited 09 January 2003).]

Originally posted by beckertb:
Len,

Just step up and buy the HRE's I don't think I know of a person who has regreted his/her purchase.

Happy motoring,
Ben

Ben, it's not the $$$$, they are about the same price for the wheels I wanted.
Their 5star 3pc shown looks much better than
the HRE's 5star IMHO. It doesn't matter now after reading the other response and their vague response I will find another wheel that
I like.
Thanks
Len

What about the 545R's? I think they look incredible!

They are nice looking. But these wheels had a thinner spoke and larger center piece.
It looked more like a solid SSR integral wheel to me. The HRE's 5 stars just don't look as good to me. I want a solid 5 star with the plain spokes, in a 3 pc config.
I will now go with the Kinesis line. They have a true 18" center,and it will give me the flat lip that I want. It's a shame these guys are having problems,because their rim look to be what I have in mind. Oh well.
You know I can't leave well enough alone.
Len

What about the 545R's? I think they look incredible!

Ben glad you posted, I went to HRE's web site
and found the 445's, which I had never seen before. These will do just fine.
enlarge-445R.jpg

The spokes are much slimmer than those on the
545's and the reverse makes the lip more pronounced.
Thanks
Len

I agree, I prefer the look of the 445; also not crazy about the curved spokes, although you might get a better lip from the 545 for that reason; just have to see what the appropriate sizes to fit look like once configured.
Did you seriously mean (from your initial post) you have 18 x 9.5 on front? surely not? - wide fenders???

Originally posted by D'Ecosse:
I agree, I prefer the look of the 445; also not crazy about the curved spokes, although you might get a better lip from the 545 for that reason; just have to see what the appropriate sizes to fit look like once configured.
Did you seriously mean (from your initial post) you have 18 x 9.5 on front? surely not? - wide fenders???

Good catch, I was most likely tired when I posted. 18x8 and 19x9.5 are the correct sizes. You nailed my feelings on the difference. The curved spokes just don't do it for me unless they stick out past the lip of the rim to give a wider presence. (JAO)
The lip doesn't have to be big for me, just flat. True size centers/reverse just look so much cleaner to me. I like the hidden 3pc as well, but the $$$$ difference is excessive.
Thanks
Len

Well, since our competitors all seem to be comparing their wheels to ours in all these forums, I guess I should take that as a compliment. I suggest everyone take a look at our new 840Rs, especially the 845R. They're my new babies and they're going to smoke everything out there.

For the NSX you will be able to get them in 18/19 and they'll be able to clear Brembos with the reverse drop center rims. Honestly, I'm being an unusually arrogant bastard here and I'll probably get censured for pushing HREs on the forum, but show me a nicer 5-spoke than the 845R and I'll tell you to buy it. I don't care what it costs. If you want the real deal, buy HREs. It's simple.
www.hrewheels.com

Alan

------------------
Alan Peltier
Operations Manager
HRE Performance Wheels
[email protected]

'94 black/black NSX
HID - Autolamps
Wheels - HRE 448Rs - 18x8, 19x10
Tires - Pirelli PZero Rossos
Springs - Eibach ProKits
Shocks - Bilstein
http://geocities.com/nsxbyhre/Main.html

Check out our new website at http://www.hrewheels.com

[This message has been edited by apeltier (edited 14 January 2003).]

One more thing. HRE aside, be careful who you buy your wheels from. Some of our competitors have a pretty seedy reputation. I recommend checking out some of the Audi and 350Z forums and others. When you're spending a lot of money on wheels (3-piece wheels cost money) make sure you deal with a company with integrity. One thing I can say about HRE is that I never have to question our integrity. We stand behind our product and our customers. There are others out there that do the same, and then there are others that don't. Make sure you know the difference.

Be careful.

Alan

------------------
Alan Peltier
Operations Manager
HRE Performance Wheels
[email protected]

'94 black/black NSX
HID - Autolamps
Springs - Eibach ProKits
Shocks - Bilstein

Originally posted by apeltier:
Well, since our competitors all seem to be comparing their wheels to ours in all these forums, I guess I should take that as a compliment. I suggest everyone take a look at our new 840Rs, especially the 845R. They're my new babies and they're going to smoke everything out there.

For the NSX you will be able to get them in 18/19 and they'll be able to clear Brembos with the reverse drop center rims. Honestly, I'm being an unusually arrogant bastard here and I'll probably get censured for pushing HREs on the forum, but show me a nicer 5-spoke than the 845R and I'll tell you to buy it. I don't care what it costs. If you want the real deal, buy HREs. It's simple.
www.hrewheels.com

Alan

I agree the 845R and 445 look awesome.
Did you design them? However the price point is excessive between the two. Is the process to make the hidden 3pc, much more expensive?
Get me better pricing:^) and I will consider it. The wheels are nice, very nice. However, the beauty of the wheel is ones' perception.
Some people don't like that thin spoke. I happen to love it. One question and it is an innocent question not trying to badger. Has HRE's repair and service time gotten better?
I do think the 845r/445 to be the nicest 5 star rims I have ever seen. The SSR integrals are nice as well.
Thanks
Leonard

One more thing. HRE aside, be careful who you buy your wheels from. Some of our competitors have a pretty seedy reputation. I recommend checking out some of the Audi and 350Z forums and others. When you're spending a lot of money on wheels (3-piece wheels cost money) make sure you deal with a company with integrity. One thing I can say about HRE is that I never have to question our integrity. We stand behind our product and our customers. There are others out there that do the same, and then there are others that don't. Make sure you know the difference.

Be careful.

Alan

Thanks it was addressed earlier in the thread
a link was provided by 0260n3. That is the main reason I started this thread. I am tired of getting hung out to dry on wheels.
So I am getting input from my NSX brothern before making a decision.
Thanks again
Len

[This message has been edited by len3.8 (edited 14 January 2003).]

Thanks for the compliment. Picures don't do them justice either. Sorry I can't help with the price. I did design the 440Rs and the 840Rs. I've done a lot of work on the 540s and 640s but those series were already here before me.

As for HRE's repair times, production is my area as well so I have to take the hit on that. In 2002, we changed a lot things around here and the main thing that has changed are our lead-times. We have a new lead machinist and our production is cranking. We quote 3/4/5 weeks, depending on the finish and we're currently shipping most orders early and our sales are going crazy. As for the repairs, they always take longer and it is unfortunate, but it is actually harder to take apart a wheel, strip it (typically) and fix/replace whatever is wrong and refinish it than it is to make it from scratch. Like I said, our production is kicking butt right now so we can often make a new one faster than fix an old one.

Take to heart what I said about integrity. If you want to call or email me directly, I can give you some links to some things you might want to be careful about. HRE has been slammed before on the internet when we weren't shipping on time, but we don't rip people off. We just don't do that.

Alan

------------------
Alan Peltier
Operations Manager
HRE Performance Wheels
[email protected]

'94 black/black NSX
HID - Autolamps
Springs - Eibach ProKits
Shocks - Bilstein

Thanks Alan, I will call and get pricing for the wheels tomorrow. Now I have to decide between the 445 & 845's. It will most likely be the 445's.
Can the be made in the dark polished look that is on the BMW M3/M5'?
Len

Oops. Sorry. I didn't realize you had the warnings covered. Be aware, the 445Rs won't work over Brembos. I know this sucks and that is why I made sure the 840Rs didn't have this limitation. I noticed on a different thread that you were looking at Big Reds so I'm giving you a heads up. Give us a call and one of our sales guys can give you a different option that you might be interested in.

Alan

Oops. Sorry. I didn't realize you had the warnings covered. Be aware, the 445Rs won't work over Brembos. I know this sucks and that is why I made sure the 840Rs didn't have this limitation. I noticed on a different thread that you were looking at Big Reds so I'm giving you a heads up. Give us a call and one of our sales guys can give you a different option that you might be interested in.

Alan

Da$n it,:^) Will they fit over the AP kit that Science of speed sells?
Or should I ask what brake kits will it fit over that you know of.
Thanks
Len

Len --

We have a clearance diagram on our website which you can have a wheel company look at. The "big red" brakes you see mentioned require lots more clearance than the regular Brembo Gran Turismo, and the ScienceofSpeed system requires slightly less than the Gran Turismo.

Regards,
-- Chris

Originally posted by len3.8:

Da$n it,:^) Will they fit over the AP kit that Science of speed sells?
Or should I ask what brake kits will it fit over that you know of.
Thanks
Len

------------------
Revolutionize your NSX with ScienceofSpeed
www.ScienceofSpeed.com | [email protected] | 877-863-4520

Back