• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ignition

Is there any performance increase by changing any of the ignition parts like the coils, spark plug wires etc?

Probably not, unless you have some reason to believe the current system is giving you an incomplete burn. The ignition system on the NSX is a bit weak, but very accurate. Unless you have modified the car significantly, it is probably up to the task.

On my motor, the spark was blowing out at about 5500 rpm or 12-14 psi, so we put a B&M booster on it and now it burns great.

------------------
Don't no nuttin 'bout no NSX;
Don't no nuttin 'bout birthin' no babbies.

Originally posted by David:
Don't no nuttin 'bout no NSX; Don't no nuttin 'bout birthin' no babbies

I just have to ask what that means. You obviously know a lot about NSX's, so you probably know a lot about "birthin' babbies" too, right? Is it a career reference? Are you a gynecologist?
smile.gif
just curious....

[This message has been edited by justin hall (edited 16 July 2001).]

Originally posted by justin hall:
I just have to ask what that means. You obviously know a lot about NSX's, so you probably know a lot about "birthin' babbies" too, right? Is it a career reference? Are you a gynecologist?
smile.gif
just curious....

[This message has been edited by justin hall (edited 16 July 2001).]

"birthin' no babbies"? It's just a random line from "Gone With the Wind" that has always stuck in my mind. : )

The nsx part was plopped in there when I had a period of time on NSXSC when someone kept disagreeing with whatever I said about NSXs. Just having fun at my own expense.

[This message has been edited by David (edited 16 July 2001).]

Back