• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I'll be in Nationwide race in Montreal next weekend!

Well done! Way to run a nice patient race, we all wanted to see that battle in the final laps but the right decision was made.

As far as FUN to drive, they are all fun in different ways.

NW car is more of a 'race' car than our Conti Mustangs are (which are street cars with rollcages) - but that makes them cool and fun to drive in its own way.

NW have proper brake bias bars, twin master cylinders, adjustable brake bias (all like GT and DP cars) but GT and DP have adjustable wings, cockpit adjustable swaybars, and paddle shifters which are very cool.

The raw power of NW is the most fun (short of 900hp cup cars which are INSANE), and DP cars have a lot of downforce which is very fun to drive with. None of them have it all but all are cool in different ways.

Billy in retrospect, if you could do it all over again, would you have still done it the same way? or would you have risked it with the fuel?

Since we would have run out of gas, the team made the right decision. Just 1 less yellow lap would have been the difference. -And there was 1 added unnecessary yellow flag lap, but that's racing.

Hey Billy,
On one of the restarts you were on the inside and it looked like the guy on the outside got into you pretty good in the corner? Was hard to see on TV but it didn't slow you down :biggrin:.

Mike

rather than start a new thread about Billy I thought I'd just bump this.Speed had the last race for grand am from LRP on this wkend,and Billy was in the DP class,driving the #7 ford.Chip Ganassi was interviewed during the race because of a supposed stuntman blocking/pushing incedent with his driver on the front straight...he said he felt sorry that the (Ford)team put a nascar Newb in with the big boys,lol.....The TV anouncers really had a field day with this small incedent,and kept harping on our Billy that he was too agressive....Billy what say you?:confused: I laughed because Chip most likely has no idea what your resume really has on it...and now you are typecast in his mind as a nascar guy:rolleyes:

Sorry i missed it. Good going Billy.
In my eyes, if you aren't being aggressive you don't want to win.

Haha... you are such a nascar guy :biggrin:

Mike

rather than start a new thread about Billy I thought I'd just bump this.Speed had the last race for grand am from LRP on this wkend,and Billy was in the DP class,driving the #7 ford.Chip Ganassi was interviewed during the race because of a supposed stuntman blocking/pushing incedent with his driver on the front straight...he said he felt sorry that the (Ford)team put a nascar Newb in with the big boys,lol.....The TV anouncers really had a field day with this small incedent,and kept harping on our Billy that he was too agressive....Billy what say you?:confused: I laughed because Chip most likely has no idea what your resume really has on it...and now you are typecast in his mind as a nascar guy:rolleyes:
I still havn't seen the coverage but I heard all about it. I talked to Chip after the race and everything was good. From what i've heard, the shot from the rear of the incident from later in the race showed no contact.

The first time I drove the car was the morning of the race in qualifying on a damp track. The car was a bit too soft for a grippy dry track and the car was bottoming out so I couldn't get off the last turn to save my life, so a few times I had to drive down the right side of the road.

I ended up driving in the ST, GS, and Rolex (in DP) races -all 3 races during the weekend. I think the CTSCC races air this weekend.

Billy

thanks for the feedback.LRP can get dicey with more than 20 cars.

will do. PS I'm psyched to see you compete and also appeciate your involvement on prime.btw I tried to pm you about Peter Argetsinger...but your pm box is full.

Ok Billy I emailed ya.

Back