• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I'm kind of pissed

Hate to display my anal-ness, but I detailed my car a couple of weeks ago (exterior). Car looked awesome - it should because it only has 9,600 miles on it - silver. I took it out the other beautiful sunny day for a drive being careful to keep a large distance to avoid rock chips, etc; taking it slow like (lalalala I have nothing to do other then to enjoy this car I'm so proud of looking like a happy little puppy after getting groomed with a little bow on the head). So, it's been about 4 days now and I thought while it's raining, let me go to the garage with my Meguires Quick Detailer and remove maybe some little dirt that may have gotten on the car. When I look down at the bumper it's like "what the h----e----l----l???!!! I see something. So I spray the quality Meguires product and try to remove the "dirt" and it's not coming off and there is about 10 spots on the bumper (there used to be ZERO). So I grab a little Meguires Quick "WAX" and try to get it to come out, off, up - whatever. Anyway, help me out. It appears like a combo meal of a pebble scrape, an abrasion, a spec of dirt underneath the clear coat - anyway, it's not coming off with the conservative method. Running my fingernail across I can feel it like a scab on skin, but I'm too scared to pick it out. Is this the infamous story of crap underneath the clearcoat because of the clearcoat warming up and then when you drive it sticks, cools and hardens? Is this what claying is suppose to fix. My buddy says "buffing it" will get rid of it (hide it). Of course, he drives a Saturn and sounds like a typical response. So I thought I'd tap into the wealth of knowledge here at NSX prime. What's upsetting now that I know it's there - I see it from a mile away and makes the car look like it has acne. The paint is literally flawless with exception to this - meaning ZERO defects, no swirls, no nothing - but this. Please help. Sorry for being so long-winded.

I don't have any pictures because I'm digital-cameraless, but as I tried to explain, it looks like a combination of (because there are about 10 different spots in a little area), an abrasion/impression from road debri, then physical road debri implanted into the paint, dirt speckles, etc
wink.gif

what a clay bar does is removes imperfections in paint, such as oxyidation, and minor defects. i dunno how bad your problem is, but a clay bar should at least get some of it out, if not all of it. it's a (in clay magic's bar) a 3 inch by 1.5 inch by 1 inch bar of blue "clay". you aply it by getting some auto detailer (i use the meguars) and spraying it down, then rubbing the clay bar left to right like your painting, never going over the same spot. don't GRIND the bar in, but use some force. you'd be amazed, b/c the color of your car WILL change to a deeper, richer, more brand new color, b/c like i said, it gets out the oxidation. the 30 bucks for a claybar that will last the entire car is more than worth it to me
smile.gif
it's i think the number one way to take care of your paint, teamed w/ a zymol wax every month. like i said in another post, i clay bar at least 2 times a year, and wax w/ zymol every month.
http://www.clay-magic.com/ thats their website. check it out and read up more
smile.gif
i hope that helps you out some. even if you don't do it for the problems your having now, do it for the sake of your paint. if you take good care of it by claybarring and waxing on a good regime your paint will out last your car
smile.gif

------------------
Paul~
[email protected]

I agree with Orange240sx
their are differnt bars out there.blue magic is one (pepboys)and mothers. I use the mothers.it will come with some spray stuff.you spray the area and then use ONLY enough pressure to lift the crap out.if you go to hard with it you can do more harm then good. hope that helped.final note.no matter how anal you detail your car if you drive it fast you will continue to get chips and crap on the front. its the cost of doing business at 150.we all get some chips or crap on their at some point.
best regards david
ps another concern is the front blinkers and your side mirrors getting the same treatment.DALI RACING sells some products that reduce the chance of it happening. stone guard and transparent stone shield. you can check it out on marks site

Back