• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I'm sick of some people's attitudes toward the NSX....

One of the best ways to beef up your imperviousness to comments of derision is to participate in the more venomous message boards of Cyberspace, where flaming and sniping are commonplace. I'm glad to see, however, that these things are conspicuously absent from NSX Prime. This is a great site, and the people are terrific.

Okay, enough sycophancy for one day. :D

F*CK them they just wish they had one so the only thing left to say is it is slow or it is old. But remmeber that the NSX will always be better and look better and feel better than there crap.

Lazarus said:
One of the best ways to beef up your imperviousness to comments of derision is to participate in the more venomous message boards of Cyberspace, where flaming and sniping are commonplace. I'm glad to see, however, that these things are conspicuously absent from NSX Prime. This is a great site, and the people are terrific.

Okay, enough sycophancy for one day. :D

Shut up. ;) :D

I've never met a Mustang or Camaro driver that I couldn't win over after giving them the pleasure of the sound of a Honda VTEC motor at 8,000 RPMs.

And I've only had an RSX Type S and an Integra GS-R - You should have no problem convincing people with an NSX :)

03RSXTypeS said:
I've never met a Mustang or Camaro driver that I couldn't win over after giving them the pleasure of the sound of a Honda VTEC motor at 8,000 RPMs.

And I've only had an RSX Type S and an Integra GS-R - You should have no problem convincing people with an NSX :)

Ahhh, yes there is no match for the sound of a VTEC cross-over...well unless it is a VTEC cross-over under boost!:D :p :D

Heres somethin you guys might want to keep in mind when the muscle heads are talking trash. Sure if it comes down to both people having like a million dollars the cameros and rustangs (sorry if im offending anyone but im just sick of them, I live in michigan) are going to win in a 1/4, but what it really comes down to is which person has a deeper pocket.

In example. Punk kid with his mustang 5.0 thinks hes a bada** because his mustang COULD be a 1/4 beast compared to a nsx (I guess? correct me if im wrong), but if you have a nsx odds are you got enough money to mod the thing to if you wanted, so could easily beat his poor 5.0 because the kids poor and cant afford better.

hoping im getting my point across, not sure if its well said. if not ill just add at the track a guy had a nsx with full internals and a SC, doing 12's going easy on it because it isnt broken in, with a guestimate of 900ish HP when he cranks everything to full, plus some nitrous?.... tell me thats not gonna be a beast.

anyway high 13's isnt slow. my friends trans-am is fast to me and thats about what it runs, the nsx just costs more, but from what im reading thats because of its overall quality, not just the engine.

anyway enough of that just kinda tryin to boost some morale because I know a lot of muscle heads and im kinda sick of em trash talkin imports.

general said:
the cameros and rustangs ... are going to win in a 1/4
No, they're not.

Then again, there are Mustangs and Camaros, and there are Mustangs and Camaros.

Based on tests published in the major automotive magazines, most (99+ percent) Mustangs and Camaros - even the big V8's and such - cannot accelerate faster in a straight line than even a 3.0-liter 5-speed NSX, let alone a 3.2-liter 6-speed.

Primary exceptions were produced only in extremely low volumes, and include the Mustang Cobra R (only around 300 cars produced), the 385 hp SVT Cobra Mustang (a special model available only in 2003), and possibly some specialty-prepped (e.g. SLP Engineering) Camaros. Even these are only about as fast as the 3.2-liter NSX.

These comparisons are for bone-stock cars, of course. Any car can be modified to be faster than any other car...

general said:
a guy had a nsx with full internals and a SC, doing 12's going easy on it because it isnt broken in, with a guestimate of 900ish HP when he cranks everything to full, plus some nitrous

Good points. However, 900 hp is way unrealistic in a NSX with a SC. I would luv to see that dyno(proof).

general said:
Heres somethin you guys might want to keep in mind when the muscle heads are talking trash. Sure if it comes down to both people having like a million dollars the cameros and rustangs (sorry if im offending anyone but im just sick of them, I live in michigan) are going to win in a 1/4, but what it really comes down to is which person has a deeper pocket.

In example. Punk kid with his mustang 5.0 thinks hes a bada** because his mustang COULD be a 1/4 beast compared to a nsx (I guess? correct me if im wrong), but if you have a nsx odds are you got enough money to mod the thing to if you wanted, so could easily beat his poor 5.0 because the kids poor and cant afford better.

hoping im getting my point across, not sure if its well said. if not ill just add at the track a guy had a nsx with full internals and a SC, doing 12's going easy on it because it isnt broken in, with a guestimate of 900ish HP when he cranks everything to full, plus some nitrous?.... tell me thats not gonna be a beast.

anyway high 13's isnt slow. my friends trans-am is fast to me and thats about what it runs, the nsx just costs more, but from what im reading thats because of its overall quality, not just the engine.

anyway enough of that just kinda tryin to boost some morale because I know a lot of muscle heads and im kinda sick of em trash talkin imports.

Just a reminder to everyone, and I know it's been said before, but here goes anyway.....the NSX was NEVER designed to be a drag car. The NSX was meant be live on the track, NOT drag strip. And it does what it was designed to do very well (at least from what I've read - haven't had mine on the track yet).

It frustrates me a bit to see all this talk about 1/4 mile times and how different cars are faster than others. I try not to read the posts, but can't help myself.

While the NSX was designed primarily to do a lot of things - such as handling, on a race track - better than most other cars, people sometimes make claims about its 1/4 mile times that just aren't true. The fact is, straight-line acceleration for the NSX isn't too shabby, either. Sure, there are a few other cars out there that are quicker in a straight line, but only a few, and many of the cars that people claim are quicker, aren't.

well, it's not just the NSX. i get sorta the same people, and i drive a prelude. i live in a town that is mostly mustangs. i think there is one other 5th gen.(97-01) prelude in town. most people do not understand why i love my car. true it doesn't do one thing that is remarkable, but it is the total package that works.

I dream about owning a s2000 or NSX one day. I will hopefully be in a position by next summer to either buy a S or a early 90's NSX.

I have been trolling this site for a long while now. you guys are the best.
:)

There's also the small matter of technique. Big torque and big horsepower easily leads to unwanted wheelspin when accelerating away from a standstill if the car is in the wrong hands (or feet, in this case). Practice and experience can often make up for a deficit in theoretical acceleration performance.

JMHO.

Last edited:
HATER's

1 word for you HATER's!!!

Their just mad that a NSX motor cost more than their shitboxes ...You know the old saying..You can live with them, and you cant kill them;)

X :cool:

The reaility of it all everybody cant ball, and if you had currency you wouldnt be worrying about me!!!

Last edited:
Having grown up in Detroit, I've been a Mustang fan and owned two of them. There is a real thrill to be able to challenge much higher priced cars in these muscle cars. There is also a thrill in that when you really stomp on the gas - your not to sure which direction you are going to go. If the road has any water, sand, ice... it gets really exciting. It's a thrill I gladly swaped for the controlled power of the NSX. Also, an NSX with 100,000+ miles has much better fit, finish... than a new muscle car.

I'd never race one in my NSX because they are so hard to control.

I think alot of us forget the fact that a very, very small percentage of performance car drivers go to the track. The performace test center for the vast majority of performace car drivers is the street, like it or not and on the street it is straight line acceleration that is king. And we all know that the forte of the NSX is not straight line acceleration. And even worse is the fact that the car is running with a powertrain that is almost seven years old from its newest iteration. Couple that with a body style that reeks of speed and you have the receipt for a challenge by almost every performace car driver on the planet. And then there is always the" Japanese Performace/Exotic Car" oxymoron to deal with.

I always loved my NSX and will no doubt drive one again someday. The non-verbal attention that the car attracted was more than any other car that I have ever driven. Sometimes the best compliments are the ones not spoken but received nonetheless be it by hand gesture, word or look.

Re: Re: I'm sick of some people's attitudes toward the NSX....

svalleynsx said:
Brian2by2 said:
Basically, I'm sick and tired of people telling me my car is underpowered and old, yadi yadi ya.

I think the two major words that sum it all up are "jealousy" and "envy".

That is why every time anyone bashes on Z #50 I always follow up with a " I'm glad you love it." :)

NSXLuvr said:
Good points. However, 900 hp is way unrealistic in a NSX with a SC. I would luv to see that dyno(proof).

Yea I would have loved to see it to, but this nsx was really impressive. Im sure it wasnt 900hp, but it would be dang fast either way.

Over the years, I have gotten very good at just giving them a big (genuine) smile and either a peace sign or a thumbs up when I look at their car (depending on what's appropriate). The best part is I've nothing to prove and nothing to gain.

Let's say we go and I "win", their comment: well, look at what you're driving.

I "lose", their comment: *various*, but nothing very flattering.

I drive knowing I can beat most . . . I grin just thinking about that. Kevin

Thick skin will do you well, Grasshopper. Understand that his response was a feeble attempt to belittle your "win" in order to somehow achieve some sort of verbal victory. Let it go. You and your things will get called worse words. I say enjoy it and laugh at it.

Today I pulled up next to a ragged out Camaro SS on the freeway, going about 60 mph. There were 3 younger guys in the car, with ski caps and the whole happenin' look (keep in mind it was 70 degrees today). I noticed that the Camaro was riding really low in back, and smoking a bit, like burning oil. Anyway, when I was even with them, the driver revs his engine and all 3 guys look over at me, ready to race me into oblivion with this beater. I looked back, gave them a big smile and an exaggerated chuckle, and exited the highway just as he jumped on it, spewing white smoke into the air as he tried in vain to get that abused beast moving. The passenger's facial expression was priceless - I'm sure he felt like Homer Simpson - Doh!!

These little episodes are fun for me - it's great to smile and pass on their bait. After all, I'm sure I did the same thing when I was younger, just to see a guy in an exotic car nail the gas and zoom off. It's much easier to be civilized and go about your biz.

Happy holidays!

Back