• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ImportMeet.com End of Summer Car Show - September 10th, 2011 - Bellingham, WA

In association with NOS Energy Drink and Haggen Food and Pharmacy, ImportMeet.com will be holding an import car show to benefit the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. The event will take place September 10th at the Sehome Village Haggen in Bellingham, WA from 12pm to 4pm. The net proceeds from the car show will be donated to the National MS Society.

Please note that this car show is open to all makes and models but the primary focus will be on Japanese cars.

210 36th St
Bellingham, WA 98225

Time:
10am – 11:30am (Parking and registration for car show)
12pm – 4pm (Car show)

There are currently 100-150 spots available for car show participants. A $5 minimum donation will be required to pre-register for the show or a $10 minimum donation will be required for day of registration. Please use the form at the bottom of this page to make your donation and save your spot at the car show. Various prizes will be raffled off during the event and the money received will also be donated to the MS Society.

FREE Bubba Burger hamburgers/sliders will be provided and a representative from NOS Energy Drink will also be handing out FREE drinks to people in attendance. We will also have a DJ playing some of the more recent hit songs. Awards will be presented in following categories:

Best Honda
Best Acura
Best Mitsubishi
Best Nissan
Best Infiniti
Best Subaru
Best Mazda
Best Toyota
Best Lexus
Best Scion
Best Euro
Best Other
Best of Show
Best Stance
Best VIP Style
Best Race Style
Best Street Style
Best Engine Bay

There will also be awards for 2nd place in each category.

Register for the ImportMeet.com End of Summer Car Show here:

Facebook event page: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=200396590016339

Sponsors:

NOS_Logo.png

HaggenLogo.gif

V-LEDS_Black.png

NWHonda_01.jpg

Wilson_Promo.jpg

Rairdon_Promo.PNG

Last edited:
I thought I would pass along some exciting news. Northwest Honda (Bellingham's Honda dealership) has decided to help sponsor the event!

They will be providing Honda prizes for the raffle (hats, sweatshirts, etc.) and they are planning on bringing out their new 2012 Civic Si for everyone to check out. Hope to see you there!

Another local business has signed on to sponsor the event.

Wilson Motors will be at the car show with their new Scion tC and iQ! Like Northwest Honda, they will be donating Toyota and Scion merchandise that you could have a chance at winning. Tell your Toyota/Scion friends!

a couple of quick questions:

with multiple sponsors is there a chance to maybe add some other award classes for the show?

"Wilson Motors" award
"Northwest Honda" award

with the "best *insert japanese car name here*" award does that mean that all cars under that maker will be in the same show class?

ie: a full blown honda accord drift car will be in the same class as an all OEM stock 1987 Acura Legend?

Depending on the entries it also could help to split each vehicle make into its own class

Honda
Acura
Nissan
Datsun
Infiniti
Toyota
Lexus
Scion

There is also the old stand bys of best paint, interior, engine bay, unfinished, and so on.

Thanks for the questions Dave.

The plan was to break apart the categories as we get people to register for the show ahead of time. The way it is looking is that Honda and Acura will be broken apart first as these were the first groups to register. We're trying to avoid presenting an award for a make of car that only has 1 or 2 entries.

I am currently working with my sponsors about doing something along the lines of what you suggested. Thanks again!

Last edited:
I just wanted to give a quick update.

124 people have confirmed and 76 maybes on Facebook: ImportMeet.com End of Summer Car Show | Facebook

31 have pre-registered on the site:

If you register now it will save you $5!

The 10 day forecast calls for mid 70 degree weather and sunny! We will be providing FREE hamburgers/sliders and we also have a DJ. Tell all of your friends and feel free to post the event on other forums. Thank you!

Last edited:
We added 5 more awards (see first post) and our newest sponsor Bubba Burger will be providing FREE hamburgers/sliders at the show!

Register soon as the deadline to pre-register is Friday the 9th at 8PM. The cost to register the day of the event will be $10. Register now to reserve your spot and save $5.

Thank you!

We have one more sponsor for the car show. V-LEDS will be providing raffle prizes and other merchandise!

Last edited:
Final bump! Please arrive between 10am and 11:30am if you would like to enter your car. We hope to see some of you tomorrow!

Cool, thank you for the votes......the yellow NSX won, bummer. Oh well, mine is pretty stock, doesn't probably get enough attention. It was a great day and an awesome 100 mile drive each way, well worth the trip!:biggrin:

I couldn't make it out. From the pictures taken looks like my Legend wouldn't have done well anyways, as its too stock.

No love for the (mostly) OEM stock vehicles. *sigh*

Back